Have I broken the game?

quickthorn

I have been playing with the Angelo mod the last few days (and enjoying it muchly). :) After being set the Sawara sword quest, the resident thief in my party stole from his chests before I had completed it. He and the male henchie attacked (Suu was bribed already) and my party ended up killing them.

That was all fine but when I went to the Govt. district I had a fight with the one I was supposed to take the sword from. If I take the sword, I get transported to Sawara's house and have no way out as I already used the planar gem beforehand after fighting Sawara. Of course the teleportation doesn't happen if I leave the sword alone but I have just one question...

Is the sword vital to the plot at all? If not, I'll just carry on without it.

Ooh, this does sound like an unfortunate by-product of the way the sword had to be coded :) It might be possible to address it in the next version.

In the meantime, there is an encounter in ToB linked to this quest. If memory serves, the variable is Sawara's death and not possession of the sword (although plot-wise, it relates to the sword). If the Sawara quest is carried through, though, there is a further encounter in SoA which sets up the ToB encounter plotwise.

My advice would be this--leave the sword, but in ToB (minor spoiler but it should be cool) Suu should appear for you at the inn in Amkethran. Make sure you talk to her, as she'll help make clear what's about to happen.

Good luck! :D

I have been playing with the Angelo mod the last few days (and enjoying it muchly). :( After being set the Sawara sword quest, the resident thief in my party stole from his chests before I had completed it. He and the male henchie attacked (Suu was bribed already) and my party ended up killing them.

That was all fine but when I went to the Govt. district I had a fight with the one I was supposed to take the sword from. If I take the sword, I get transported to Sawara's house and have no way out as I already used the planar gem beforehand after fighting Sawara. Of course the teleportation doesn't happen if I leave the sword alone but I have just one question...

Is the sword vital to the plot at all? If not, I'll just carry on without it.

Glad to hear I probably haven't messed up, as I would have had to go back a fair bit. Angelo responded to the sword-holder's death with a comment at the time so it's been acknowledged in some way. I have Sawara's finger so I guess I should hang onto that at least, judging from the FAQ. Thanks, I'll carry on then!

Archived