is there an easy way to find out who's mod has a bug?

lac

I am playing a BG Tutu game, and somebody has given Daeveron a bag of holding. Fine -- except

that it is the wrong bag of holding. It is one of the ToB ones which is stuffed with +2 and +3

weapons, armour, etc.

I'd like to report it, but I don't know how to find out who did it. Is there an easy way?

I am playing a BG Tutu game, and somebody has given Daeveron a bag of holding. Fine -- except

that it is the wrong bag of holding. It is one of the ToB ones which is stuffed with +2 and +3

weapons, armour, etc.

I'd like to report it, but I don't know how to find out who did it. Is there an easy way?

There is a way. This is based on using a windows system.

1) Navigate to your game directory in this case Tutu

2) Do a file search and look for Daeveron's cre file. For Tutu/EasyTutu that would be: _davaeo.cre

3) If any mods changed him, there will be a backup file in that mod's backup folder inside a numbered folder that would correspond to the component where the file was changed in that mod.

4) Use Near Infinity or DLTCEP to examine the backup copies. When you find one that no longer has the offending bag of holding, that would be the mod that added it.

For #1, #2 and #3 there's --change-log, you know :)

create a results directory, then

weidu --change-log _davaeo.cre --out results --out results/log.txt

results/log.txt will contain the mods which edit _davaeo.cre, and a copy of all of its stages.

For #1, #2 and #3 there's --change-log, you know :)

create a results directory, then

weidu --change-log _davaeo.cre --out results --out results/log.txt

results/log.txt will contain the mods which edit _davaeo.cre, and a copy of all of its stages.

No, I never knew that. Another case of weidu docs being cryptic to those who don't know the language that it was built in.

Can we make this little option a part of the standard install somehow?

If we can set it up right it would be useful to determine if files going to be changed by mod B have been changed in some way by mod A. Thus being able to give the user a warning that there is a possibility of either a technical or conceptual incompatibility between mod(s) already installed and the mod about to be installed.

It might have to be an entirely new option rather than the existing one, since we wouldn't need to have copies of the given files in every state. We know what files have been changed, be we don't know what files might be changed by a mod, especially if they use REGEXP. So a pre-parse of the tp2 that doesn't do any of the writing, but does do all of the reading to create the list of files that will be modified by the mod will need to take place. The two lists can then be compared and any potential conflicts will be displayed to the user. This would be helpful to modders who want to know if their mod might be incompatible with another. It would be helpful to players who want to play a specific mod without any changes from the original mod conception.

I don't know if it could be possible. I'm sure something clunky could be worked out by a modder for a specific mod (I've already got some ideas). But for it to be available for every mod it would have to be somehow included in the installation weidu.exe file.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack. I just had to get those thoughts out before they were lost.

No ideas are wrong until proven wrong by time and by testing. -- Just something a supervisor once told me in not so many words.

Bigg if this is something you want to discuss further without continuing to hi-jack the thread, feel free to copy the post into your weidu forums at pocketplane.

Archived