need help installing Detectable Stats w/o ToB

Guest DQC

When I was a bit younger I bought SoA and could not get into it. Since then I've switched to Mac and I decided to give it another go. I've gotten through the first dungeon as a Stalker and aside from the horrible inventory system and some over-complicated bits (why so many different weapon proficiencies? . . a mace and a club are use the same way, basically), I'm really enjoying it.

Anyway, I don't have Throne of Bhaal. I did install the Fixpack and all but one of the Optional But Cool components, and before I go any further I want to install the eSeries AI mod. It says I need to install Detectable Spells first, so I downloaded that (Detectable Stats is the same thing, or includes Detectable Spells, right? I'm just now noticing the difference in the file name) . . . however, because it can't find MELIS02.SPL it cancels the installation. I couldn't find much by Googling but I take it this is a ToB file. The eSeries mod is described as not requiring ToB, but if it requires Detectable Stats, and that requires ToB . . . ack! So how can I install Detectable Stats without ToB?

Hopefully I can get an answer soon as I'd like to install this stuff before continuing.

By the way . . . any chance there's a mod out there to auto-switch between two weapons and a missile weapon? The game allows manually doing this in the middle of combat but that is extremely tedious.

Thanks in advance for any help! Keep in mind I'm new to this WeiDU stuff so if there is some complicated way to get around my problem, plain language is preferred if possible!

Anyway, I don't have Throne of Bhaal. I did install the Fixpack and all but one of the Optional But Cool components, and before I go any further I want to install the eSeries AI mod. It says I need to install Detectable Spells first, so I downloaded that (Detectable Stats is the same thing, or includes Detectable Spells, right? I'm just now noticing the difference in the file name) . . . however, because it can't find MELIS02.SPL it cancels the installation. I couldn't find much by Googling but I take it this is a ToB file. The eSeries mod is described as not requiring ToB, but if it requires Detectable Stats, and that requires ToB . . . ack! So how can I install Detectable Stats without ToB?

Apologies for the slow response, sometimes real life prevents everyone from seeing every post looking for help. We have a version of Detectable spells here that should hopefully do the trick for you. I'm not sure if it's Mac friendly, but you can give it a look and see.

By the way . . . any chance there's a mod out there to auto-switch between two weapons and a missile weapon? The game allows manually doing this in the middle of combat but that is extremely tedious.

Such a thing may exist in one of the scripting mods out there, but because of engine limitations, such a script would be hugely complicated to write and it may be that no one has bothered to do no. So I can't say for sure, but probably no.

Archived