[OS X] syntax error

The following lines keep turning up when installing the core fixes:

Copying 1 file ...

'ix-temp: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `temp)

'ix-temp: line 2: `test -f temp && (rm -f temp && mkdir temp)

I'm aware of the problem this is designed to solve, i.e. making sure that there's a folder and not a dead file labeled 'temp' in the game folder. Also, this seems relatively harmless, I just don't know if the error is a sign of it recognizing that everything is fine, or whether it would work in case everything wasn't.

You're right, I'm sure the code didn't run - in any case, I had already made sure there's a temp folder; it's a very basic UI fix.

As for changing the shell - I don't rightly know. I know just enough UNIX to get in trouble... How would I check where a program in /bin is linked?

Open a terminal (not sure what it's called under OS X), and type something like "readlink /bin/sh" or "ls -l /bin/sh".

But since you don't know I assume it is the default shell (most likely bash).

Anyway, I've no idea why it's complaining about a syntax error.

You also reported the WeiDU seg faults, so I wonder if something is screwed with your system.

Actually, I think it's tcsh, since we're talking about a 10.2 build. In any case, I think I've solved the segmentation problem by raising stack limits. The syntax error was still there with the Fixpack, but as I said, the problem it's trying to solve is really just in the UI.

Looking in the TP2 file, I don't see anything right off that's wrong; perhaps there's something in a space or carriage return that got altered when decompressed. I'll experiment with some better unarchivers per a discussion at Loriel's forum.

The code most likely isn't friendly to tcsh under 10.2 (it should work with bash under 10.4).

Since you already have the temp folder, you can safely ignore any nonsense errors this tries to throw at you. Nothing at all will happen from this small script failing to execute.

>Since you already have the temp folder, you can safely ignore any nonsense errors this tries to throw at you. Nothing at all will happen from this small script failing to execute.<

As I suspected; this is one of the first things I learned about IE troubleshooting! Now, though I understand far more about shells and Weidu (still not very much of course, relatively speaking).

Archived