Dynaheir Romance Core Question

Guest scaryogre

Guest scaryogre

Hi,

I am playing BG1 using EasyTutu and the BG1 NPC Project. I've installed the Dynaheir's Romance Core, but am curious about something in the readme. It says:

Please note that for BGT compatibility, the final set of cutscene encounters does not occur in the BGT version.

What exactly does this imply? Will I be missing something from the original BG1 saga by installing Dynaheir's Romance Core? Since I have never played the original BG1 I want to be sure I am not going to miss anything fun or important by installing this component of the mod.

Thanks!

scaryogre

Hi,

I am playing BG1 using EasyTutu and the BG1 NPC Project. I've installed the Dynaheir's Romance Core, but am curious about something in the readme. It says:

Please note that for BGT compatibility, the final set of cutscene encounters does not occur in the BGT version.

What exactly does this imply? Will I be missing something from the original BG1 saga by installing Dynaheir's Romance Core? Since I have never played the original BG1 I want to be sure I am not going to miss anything fun or important by installing this component of the mod.

Thanks!

scaryogre

The stuff from vanilla BG is pretty sparse. ie there are no romances, this core romance thing, just extends and give the npc's depth, and adds flirt packs and so on. SO much, too much to go into, but in no way alters stuff around the BG plot.

I recommend that you go to downloads page, to the read me page and download also the pdf on the romances. It also adds small quests for the npc's which you can see in the read me. Then you can better able judge whether it is for you or not. The pdf will also tell you what aspects of your character need to be in place for a particular npc to get interested, ie for dyanheir, and good aligned, preferably LG, with a certain lvl of intell and wisdom, it varies with the npc's what is needed

Short Answer:

In BGT, you get 99% of the romance content. If you are planning a Dynahier Romance and want to have the final cutscene, just use EasyTutu for your game. You can have a BG2, BGT, EasyTutu, and Tutu v4 game all on the same partition, all on the same computer if you want!

Long Answer:

99.9% of the content added by BG1NPC (it takes away no content from BG, as there was no content like this in BG, which is why the team wrote the mod :) ) plays out on both platforms. In the Dynaheir Romance, there is one cutscene at the very end of the BG content of the game which only plays on Tutu/EasyTutu. There is another thread right now in which Leomar has linked an older post that gives a bare-bones description of that final cutscene; there is another much older post probably searchable which gives a full and complete blow-by-blow description of the actual cutscene because we were trying to make sure it worked correctly (on Tutu, it plays well - on BGT, it would interfere with the transition from BG to BG2 so it is skipped).

Since you are usng EasyTutu, you are on the original platform for the mod, and 100% of the Dynahier Romance component will play out. You will get that final cutscene, and everything should be fine.

Guest scaryogre
Hi,

Thanks!

scaryogre

Thanks LadyRolePlay. I looked at the PDF, but am trying not to spoil too much. However, after a quick once-over I still didn't see anything related to the statement about how installing Dynaheir's Romance Core will eliminate the final set of cutscene encounters. Do you know specifically what that means?

Thanks again! :)

-Scaryogre

Guest scaryogre
Since you are usng EasyTutu, you are on the original platform for the mod, and 100% of the Dynahier Romance component will play out. You will get that final cutscene, and everything should be fine.

Awesome! Thanks so much! I am really looking forward to playing the mod.

-scaryogre

Archived