Query re hostile mages using BG2-spells-implementation

Strontium Dog

A while back, I was told that if one wanted hostile mages/priests to cast BG2-spells instead of BG1 spells that one would have to install the SCS2 smarter mages and smarter priests components. However, in more recent times, I've noticed that there are 2 new components which presumably also use only BG1-spells(such as "Mages pre-cast defensive spells/Priests pre-cast defensive magic") -silly question but I presume that if I install those 2 components, then the hostile mages would only prepare BG1-spells?

Also, I've noticed that the Improved Durlag's Tower component (and 1 other component)require the SCS1 Smarter Mages component. If I choose to install the SCS2-smarter mages component instead, as above, will that foul up Improved Durlag's Tower?

Lastly, do any of the spell-tweaks in SCS2 affect anything in BG1 at all?

A while back, I was told that if one wanted hostile mages/priests to cast BG2-spells instead of BG1 spells that one would have to install the SCS2 smarter mages and smarter priests components. However, in more recent times, I've noticed that there are 2 new components which presumably also use only BG1-spells(such as "Mages pre-cast defensive spells/Priests pre-cast defensive magic") -silly question but I presume that if I install those 2 components, then the hostile mages would only prepare BG1-spells?

Also, I've noticed that the Improved Durlag's Tower component (and 1 other component)require the SCS1 Smarter Mages component. If I choose to install the SCS2-smarter mages component instead, as above, will that foul up Improved Durlag's Tower?

Lastly, do any of the spell-tweaks in SCS2 affect anything in BG1 at all?

Version 9 of SCS incorporates BG2 spells directly, so you don't need to go via SCS2.

Archived