Installing V2 over V1 on current game

Guest Guest_Darkmoon_*

Guest Guest_Darkmoon_*

So I'm sorta well into my game with V1 of IR and a number of other mods. I don't paticularly relish the idea of cleaning my modlist and starting from scratch and a new game. Can I install V2 over V1 (after uninstalling V1)? How would I manage the install order with RR, SCS, SR, etc?

So I'm sorta well into my game with V1 of IR and a number of other mods. I don't paticularly relish the idea of cleaning my modlist and starting from scratch and a new game. Can I install V2 over V1 (after uninstalling V1)? How would I manage the install order with RR, SCS, SR, etc?

You could try, but I wouldn't recommend it (this is the main cause of messed up dialogue strings from what I've heard - I can't promise that doing this will mess them up, but I can promise that not doing this will not mess them up :thumbsup:). If you'd like to give it a try anyway, please make a complete backup of your override folder and all mod folders, as well as the files dialog.tlk and WeiDU.log, so that you can revert to your current state if needed (by deleting all those mentioned and then restoring them from the backups) - if you wanted to be super safe, you could make a backup of your entire BG folder.

To update from v1 to v2, you'd extract v2 of IR on top of v1 (don't delete the item_rev folder, it contains needed files in the backup directory), and then run setup-item_rev.exe, and choose [R]e-install for each installed component. It should preserve the install order.

Please let us know how this goes.

For the future:

get the pdf here:

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?autocom...&showcat=72

and use the install order recommended there. But install IR in two pieces. The core

fixes have to go in _before_ Rogue rebalancing, and the rest of them have to go in

_after_ RR. RR may also have to be installed in pieces depending on what other mods you are playing.

However, if your pressing problem is getting the new IR with your old games, I think that the only thing that has a chance of working -- and again only a chance -- is if you rebuild in exactly the same order you built your last game. So check your Weidu log and try that.

But install IR in two pieces. The core fixes have to go in _before_ Rogue rebalancing, and the rest of them have to go in _after_ RR.

You are correct that it should generally be main IR component -> some mods -> RR -> some other mods -> global IR components. Our recommendation is for the global IR components to be installed after all mods that add items. We specifically mention installing it after the BG2 Tweak Pack, which is usually the last-to-be-installed one of these. The main component should be installed quite early on (before anything that patches those items).

It's probably too late to change your install order now and continue with a save game, though.

Guest Guest_Darkmoon_*

Alright Guys, after reading your replies this sounds like its gonna be to risky. My game actually seems fairly stable at this moment in time so I'm not gonna screw with it. Who knows maybe by the time I finish through this one, take a break and come back we'll be on V3 or 4 of IR and SR and SCS will be up to v10 :thumbsup:

Archived