Jaheira and Ployer

Guest Humanoid_Taifun

Guest Humanoid_Taifun

I believe there should be a fix for the possible situation where a badly wounded Jaheira gets cursed.

That just happened to me and unfortunately I have no savegame anywhere close.

PS This is not about Jaheira dying. This is about the game being unable to continue if she does (because the next dialogue is started by her).

:thumbsup:

Well, either we have to heal Jaheira before cursing her, or only begin it if she has enough HP. Stopping it half-way breaks immersion big time.

What is with the rolling eyes?! The BioWare lot really should make more posts here except for bug reports. :thumbsup:

Icen

Guest Humanoid_Taifun
:thumbsup:

Well, either we have to heal Jaheira before cursing her, or only begin it if she has enough HP. Stopping it half-way breaks immersion big time.

I meant after the curse hits her. If she's dead, then the game shouldn't expect her to speak. Somebody else would have to say something instead (most likely along the lines of "Jaheira?! OhmegoshJAHEIRA!!")

By the way. If she dies this way, would the D&D rules allow for a ressurection?

What is with the rolling eyes?! The BioWare lot really should make more posts here except for bug reports. :thumbsup:

I was doing those at myself. Didn't greet you the first time around so I felt kind of stupid for having to make another post just for saying hi.

Hah!

Anyway, I am not sure if that will work. I don't know if effects are applied at the current dialogue state or at the end of the dialogue. In all testing, they appear at the EXIT for pausing dialogues.

If not, then sure, this would work:

+ ~!Dead("Jaheira")~ DO ~~ EXTERN JaheiraJ relevantState
+ ~Dead("Jaheira")~ DO ~~ EXTERN wherever statelabel
END

Neither solution is elegant, but mine is simpler. Anyway, who would say "OMFG JAHEIRA!"? Ployer could say something like "Hahahahaha..." (You can tell I don't actually write any mods... :thumbsup:)

Icen

Guest Humanoid_Taifun

Okay, I just realized how far outside the realms of G3 Fixpack this is, for which it would probably be easiest to just turn off the cinematic mode and leave everything as is, with just a little diary entry for the player "Some old acquaintance of Jaheira's showed up - and killed her" just to let them know they screwed up.

Uh. Trying to think of lines that Minsc or other characters would utter (from "WaaaAAAHH!!" to "Wahahaha!!", I also realized that this 1) is a lot of work and 2) won't sound very convincing anyway.

We could have Ployer go something like "Well, that went faster than expected. What a pity."

Hm, I believe what follows that would depend on if you can bring Jaheira back to life (at all/only after the curse is lifted/without problems...) but I'm not about to waste any mental energy on that at 11:30PM.

tl;dr:

This is not Fixpack. There is a problem, but an elegant solution has yet to be found.

Well, I guess you could apply a limited Min Hp 1 effect and then heal by something like 10 HP, which would keep her alive, but easily killed if already so. Shouldn't really be noticable by your normal player.

With other NPCs, you have to run banter checks and so on, while Ployer saying something is better, but not perfect.

And no, don't exert yourself this late at night. :thumbsup:

Icen

Guest Humanoid_Taifun
only begin it if she has enough HP. Stopping it half-way breaks immersion big time.

I believe that'd be the way to go. It avoids the necessity of adding new dialogue/content and isn't exploitable.

Archived