Random questions, comments, praise

Guest Guest <Charname>

Guest Guest <Charname>

Are there any other Player2 mods out there? Off the top of my head, Imoen or Sarevok could sidestep a lot of issues via Player2.

Amber is working well for me, by the way. /knock on wood.

Had a slight hiccup initially, before managing to figure out that anything worth doing is worth doing with prior authenticated triplicate permission. i.e. i just tried to lock-pick my way through things.

That and i was slightly confused by a particular map - eventually i figured out that being next to an area (that whole journey to another area symbol) helped follow the map. But i'm slow, and that probably didn't phase most people like it did me for a while!

Anyway, slight gameplay question: Amber doesn't miffed if bumped from the roster in Spellhold? She says not, but when the Reform Party dialogue comes up...

:(

i suppose i'm a bit late to the whole mod, but i recently found BG2 on sale. Which prompted me to buy a back-up copy and reinstall my original. Liking the mod very much so far.

Happy New Year to anybody who reads this far.

Are there any other Player2 mods out there? Off the top of my head, Imoen or Sarevok could sidestep a lot of issues via Player2.

No, I don't think that there are other mods with multiplayer content. If you run into any please let me know, I'd be very interested.

Anyway, slight gameplay question: Amber doesn't miffed if bumped from the roster in Spellhold? She says not, but when the Reform Party dialogue comes up...

:(

She should be happy to re-join your party after you return to mainland.

Since I've recently finished the mod too, I might as well post some of my own random thoughts here:

• The initial quest for rescuing Amber was hilarious, and it definitively showcases the Cowled Wizard bureaucracy at its best. :D However, it could get a bit tedious on subsequent replays, so it might be a good idea to give exceptionally charismatic (CHA > 15) protagonists the option to skip the whole form acquisition deal and convince the guard straight away.
  • Stat wise, Amber appears to be very well balanced, though I slightly wonder why you chose to dual-class her at level 6 instead of at level 7? The extra Fighter level would have granted her an additional 1/2 attack per round which would have been quite handy.
  • I like the fact that Amber walks up to the PC when she wants to speak with him. Granted, it's a very small detail but, in my opinion, it increases the immersion factor and looks much better than chiming-in from across the map like some other NPCs do.
  • Although the voice actress generally does a fairly decent job, on certain occasions I had the impression that she sounded a bit.... stiff. However, perhaps I'm misinterpreting this and that's actually the intended accent for Amber to speak in, since she's a Tiefling. In any case, her peculiar word pronunciation sometimes reminds me of Aigis, a female robot NPC from the Persona 3 RPG. :( Don't get me wrong though, this doesn't make the voice acting bad, just... unusual.
  • The map item for finding the home of the sorcerer who is involved in one of Amber's quests was a very nice touch. It's great that someone finally recognized that Athkhatla is supposed to be a large, sprawling city and that, just like in real life, some urban areas are very difficult to find without having explicit instructions for reaching them. BTW, great job on that entire quest, I particularly liked the final scene with the poisoned guard and the broken window. Great presentation, very atmospheric. :(
  • Having the opportunity to ask Amber about various aspects of the Underdark lore was nice.
  • I like the fact that Amber genuinely seemed to care about the PC. Having her worry about him when he is fatigued and hungry was very cute, and the ability to talk to her about the soul theft was a nice touch as well.
  • Having a heated argument with Amber without automatically breaking the romance felt genuine and very realistic. In my own experience, such situations are fairly common in real-life and the make up/make out part is often just as sweet. :p
  • The ability to ask Amber how she's doing and gain a hint for the necessary condition for the next step of the romance was very useful. I especially liked that the hints were in-character and very subtle, with just enough info to steer the player in the right direction.

In short, I've enjoyed the mod quite a bit and I'm looking forward to the ToB content. Kudos to the authors! :(

I've always wondered: does the amount of money you pay for Amber's earrings/bracelet (can't remember which) affect the quality of the item?

Because the Shadow Thieves Scout asks "What is it worth to you" and you get to choose between various prices.

I think it would be awesome if the price you paid for it affected the quality.

I've always wondered: does the amount of money you pay for Amber's earrings/bracelet (can't remember which) affect the quality of the item?

Because the Shadow Thieves Scout asks "What is it worth to you" and you get to choose between various prices.

I think it would be awesome if the price you paid for it affected the quality.

No, it's the character's, who is speaking to the blackmarket thief, stats (and class iirc) that affect the price of the bracelet. The bracelet's worth is more sentimental than useful.

Archived