Spider's Bane

Guest guest

Er, i'm probably wrong about this, but i noticed you changed spider's bane and i'm wondering if this has an effect on unfinished business, since the pai'na quest has that sword as broken in that mod, and i can't even remember if the normal game had spider's bane or not...

Point is if it did, and UB took it away, will this mod add it back in? That'll be weird - 2 spider's banes, one broken and one not.

If however your change is for tutu/bgt only or something, and there never was a useable spider's bane in bg2, then ignore what i said...

Also, Should i install this mod before or after tweaks? Since i want stacking of items and whatnot so wdoes tweaks need to be later so it can allow stacking of items from this mod?

Oh, and, does this mod add any items? Or simply replaces old ones?

There never was a spider's bane in BG2, however the item still exists.

I don't think IR adds this item in, but I am fairly sure it adds a couple of bastard swords to the game. If UB uses the original item in their mod (even if it is broken, because that is a different item), IR's changes will take effect.

Icen

Er, i'm probably wrong about this, but i noticed you changed spider's bane and i'm wondering if this has an effect on unfinished business, since the pai'na quest has that sword as broken in that mod

UB uses a custom file for its Spider's Bane, so no.

i can't even remember if the normal game had spider's bane or not...

Point is if it did, and UB took it away, will this mod add it back in? That'll be weird - 2 spider's banes, one broken and one not.

If however your change is for tutu/bgt only or something, and there never was a useable spider's bane in bg2, then ignore what i said...

Spider's Bane should not be obtainable in standard BG2, and IR does not change this (for now, at least).

Also, Should i install this mod before or after tweaks? Since i want stacking of items and whatnot so wdoes tweaks need to be later so it can allow stacking of items from this mod?

The optimal install order is listed in the readme.

Oh, and, does this mod add any items? Or simply replaces old ones?

For the most part, it simply replaces the old items. Somewhere in the range of 3 "new" items have been added.

Ok, thank you for all the info guys.

Just one thing, i'm not seeing this optimal install order you mention in the readme...just some very generic stuff about how it's compatible being weidu and all and order should not matter - usual stuff. I just want to know if i should do tweaks before or after it, or it makes no difference in regards to item stacking - i just thought that if i have IR AFTER tweaks, then some of the arrows might have different item codes or something and may not stack (i'm guessing totally btw, since i have no idea how this stuff works/is implemented, but you know what i mean i'm sure: some sort of identifier for each item, but IR might change it or something and hence it is no longer covered under things that will stack...hate loads of arrow packs of 40 each! :D)

Just one thing, i'm not seeing this optimal install order you mention in the readme...just some very generic stuff about how it's compatible being weidu and all and order should not matter - usual stuff. I just want to know if i should do tweaks before or after it, or it makes no difference in regards to item stacking - i just thought that if i have IR AFTER tweaks, then some of the arrows might have different item codes or something and may not stack (i'm guessing totally btw, since i have no idea how this stuff works/is implemented, but you know what i mean i'm sure: some sort of identifier for each item, but IR might change it or something and hence it is no longer covered under things that will stack...hate loads of arrow packs of 40 each! :D)
The main component of the mod does overwrite existing items and descriptions, and should be installed prior to mods that patch those items. In the case where you'd prefer a file not be altered by IR, you have the option of disabling the specific item modification prior to installing the mod. Details on how to do so can be found in the Installation section below.

The other components of the mod have been designed to patch all items, and should be installed after any mods that add or replace items. Ideally, these components should be installed just after other tweak mods (near the very end of the install). Note that it is possible to install the main component only, exit the installer, install more mods, and then re-start the installer and install other components.

Main component before tweaks (early as can be), other components after tweaks (late as can be).

For those of us who do not have bonus merchants though, should bg2tweaks be used to install that first? Since i think you guys change some of those items...unless IR puts these bonus merchants in itself?

For those of us who do not have bonus merchants though, should bg2tweaks be used to install that first? Since i think you guys change some of those items...unless IR puts these bonus merchants in itself?

Good question. It actually doesn't matter - all of the files relating to the merchants are already present in your BG2 install - the Tweak Pack just makes sure the game spawns the merchants. So, no errors will occur if you install IR before or without the bonus merchant component.

Archived