Wide screen mod problem

Guest Bushmins

Guest Bushmins

Hi.

I have installed BG + TotSC + the final 5512 patch.

I have tried to install the widescreen mod (made the path to the BG dir). I set the size to 1680 x 1050 but when running the game the picture is only a small window in the top left hand corner, the rest of the screen is blank.

Any ideas what ive done wrong?

Guest Cricker
Hi.

I have installed BG + TotSC + the final 5512 patch.

I have tried to install the widescreen mod (made the path to the BG dir). I set the size to 1680 x 1050 but when running the game the picture is only a small window in the top left hand corner, the rest of the screen is blank.

Any ideas what ive done wrong?

Same here :\

Guest Cricker

Ok i'll try to explain,

I've installed BG(5cds with full parts),patched with 1.1435, then TotSC(full parts) and patched again with 5512 in a directory called "Games\black isle\baldur's gate\" and deselect the "only reading" option from properties. (Os - Vista home Ed.)

Installed WSC and when i run the game somethings wrong :

http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imghr2.png

Hope have any idea about this.

Thx 4 support

cu

patched with 1.1435
That's unnecessary, as it's included in the TotSC already.

then TotSC(full parts) and patched again with 5512 in a directory called "Games\black isle\baldur's gate\" and deselect the "only reading" option from properties. (Os - Vista home Ed.)

Installed WSC and when i run the game somethings wrong : IMG

What was the patch .exes name? If it was the DX8 edition, you'll be just &/%¤# with your computer&game...

Now, I see that the menu is in the upper right corner, but did you actually play the game?(as in, walk in the Candlekeep) And before you even installed the mod, did you try to play the game after you had installed the patch.(this also make sure that you won't change the configs you change with the mod) So, that's a no. :)

Had you read this, you would have known this is the normal behaviour:

Not all the GUIs are ported in the optimal way to the larger resolution. The main GUI (where you choose "Start Game", "Options",...) as well all various screens ("Load", "Mage Spells"...) are centered, with a black cover (SoA, HoW, ToB, IWD2) or forced to the upper left (PST, TotSC). The main game GUI (where you can move your characters, attack people etc.) is stretched properly, enlarging even the dialogue screen (SoA, ToB, HoW) or might display black bars (PST, IWD2, TotSC).
Guest Chaosritter

I have a problem as well: i've just installed Baldurs Gate + TotSC (Multilingual DVD edition, german) and the cmd windows tells me that BG1 was found, but soon as i set the resolution to 1024x768 it aborts because bgmain2.exe couldn't be patched proberbly. Seems to be a script error, is it possible to fix it or did i just something wrong?

Archived