Keep dropping to desktop

Guest DLite

Guest DLite

Got BG1 in 1024X768. Works now and then, but mostly it just drops to desktop whenever I load a game.

And what's with the black taskbar? Would be nice if the grey stone-GUI was extended a little, instead of just leaving a big black hole there at the bottom right.

D.

Got BG1 in 1024X768. Works now and then, but mostly it just drops to desktop whenever I load a game.

And what's with the black taskbar? Would be nice if the grey stone-GUI was extended a little, instead of just leaving a big black hole there at the bottom right.

D.

Is that a BG1 with the TotSC & v5512 patch? And could you post a Screen Shot? As it would help... And did you install the Widescreen mod last, as it needs to go after any GUI changing mod.
Guest DLite

yup.. with the 5512 patch.

Single-player works well, but multiplayer drops to desktop. I just play mp so I can create all the chars, I don't link up with anyone else.

screen

with a little cut'n paste in Paint.. :) : screen2

D.

Guest DLite

Will do. Anyway, thanks for a cool mod. Was just a bit frustrated the other day when I couldn't get it to work. I'll make it work somehow.

:)

D.

Single-player works well, but multiplayer drops to desktop.
Ahh, at least with Vista 32-bit if you play with the TCP/IP, it doesn't actually crash to desktop, but went there to ask you a question made by your virus scanners(F-secure) etc, which if you allowed (and as I had the permissions etc to clear it, and didn't have the UAC active, I did), allows to continue to character creation.

It should work, and so does the Original Saga with the Widescreen Mod, if the Original Saga is first re-patched to v5512.

Archived