Issue using WSM with BG2

Guest Triv85

Guest Triv85

Hi,

I've installed SoA, then installed ToB, then the latest patch 26498, then proceeded to install WSM v2.1. It installs perfectly, and does indeed change the resolution to what I choose, but A) I'm missing the right side of the UI, where the player portraits are, and B) The bottom of the UI is missing as it only shows a horizontal bar that's (I'm assuming) the top-part of the UI. When I run it in full-screen and run the cursor through the bottom area it does that graphic glitch, similar to old Windows crashes, where as the cursor moves it leaves graphical imprints on the screen.

I've tried 1440x900 and 1680x1050, both in full-screen and windowed.

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?
Well, you probably installed some GUI altering mod after you installed the Widescreen mod, and that's a big no, no. So I would suggest to open up the WeiDU.log with Notepad, and see what mods you have installed and then uninstall the mods upto the Widescreen mod and then install everything back in the same order but put the Widescreen mod last.

Always install the Widescree mod last.

Or if you had no other mod, then you didn't start the game and configure it first before you installed the Widescreen mod, and this process alters the GUI...

Guest Triv85

I didn't install any other mods. That order of installation there (SOA -> TOB -> Patch -> WSM v2.1) is what I installed and in which order.

I don't remember whether I ran the game to configure it before installing WSM. I'll try uninstalling WSM, running the game, configuring it, then quitting and installing WSM again. Would that work?

Archived