Multiromance Question

-JR-

Multiromance mods are bad seems to be the concensus opinion. They mess with files and overrides that shouldn't be messed with. However, I trust Gibberlings3 much more than independant modders, and don't think that this element of the tweak pack will bore holes through my game like swiss cheese and eat away at my harddrive until nothing is left but a twisted skeleton.

What I am wondering, though, is about the warning it gave concerning romance mods. Can anyone explain this further for me? I know there will be some issues, and I understand the basics of why, but knowing which Global (Bioware romance or mod romance) mods usually look at to tell when to shut off would be helpful. Anyone have any experience with this?

It depends on how the mod in question is coded. Many will cause a stutter, as the variable constantly resets.

Amber comes with special provision for this, and if Amber's romance gets shut off more than once, it shuts down permanently.

Mods like Xan are designed to be compatible with the multi-romance cheat. It does a variable check once, and if it switches back on, well, that will be the last time that script block runs, so both romances can continue uninterrupted. Others develop a nasty stutter problem.

It depends on how the mod in question is coded. Many will cause a stutter, as the variable constantly resets.

Amber comes with special provision for this, and if Amber's romance gets shut off more than once, it shuts down permanently.

Mods like Xan are designed to be compatible with the multi-romance cheat. It does a variable check once, and if it switches back on, well, that will be the last time that script block runs, so both romances can continue uninterrupted. Others develop a nasty stutter problem.

I see. So, if you aren't actively in more than one romance, no problems will arise?

Archived