Please help me run Torment on Vista64

Guest Claws

Guest Claws

I have been trying to get PST to run on Vista64 forever, am I dying to replay the game with this beautiful mod... Unforunately, as most of you probably know, hardware acceleration must be reduced in order to get the game to run properly. The problem is that in Vista64, the hardware acceleration slider is not accessable! I've done plenty of research and I only found this on the subject so far:

"However, if you are running Vista 64-bit, FrankDaegas has reported that hardware acceleration cannot be disabled. The workaround as he posted:

Fixing magic crash on Vista 64

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Vista 64 rig with 8800 (tried a few drivers) will not allow me to set the graphics acceleration bar down; it states that my "current display driver does not allow changes to be made to the hardware acceleration settings".

To play the game I set the following in Torment.ini:

Quote:

Translucent Shadows=0

SoftSrcKeyBltFast=1

SoftBltFast=1

SoftSrcKeyBlt=1

SoftBlt=1

SoftMirrorBlt=1

This allows me to play the game moderately (no extreme slowdown, crashes, mouse-hand problems or apparent graphical glitches). I haven't played far tough (just to the circle of 5 mages in the cottage in Alley Of Dangerous Angles where I killed the ring-seeker to start a magic fight).

Still I would like to hear any idea's on how to enable this slider; Google didn't turn up much....."

Unfortunately, that solution doesn't really work! The game still runs very slow and is unplayable. My system specs are as follows:

E8600

4 gigs DDR2 ram

Ati 4870x2

SATA2 HD

So it's not that I have a slow PC. As I said, when I install the mod, along with the UI mod by ghostdog, the framerate is extremely low if I apply the settings mentioned above, otherwise, the cursor is a mess and there are many graphical glitches. So what do you people suggest? Am I screwed? Is there a solution?? Thanks.

Guest Claws
Am I screwed? Is there a solution??
Read the stickies.
If you have an NVidia graphics card, see this thread.
There is a solution that worked for me. And I think the newest Widescreen mod comes with a component for this exact fix(the .dll fix by Eddy).

Thanks for your reply, I have listed my system specs above, I do not have an Nvidia card. Will this fix work for Ati cards as well?

Archived