Some questions relating to SR and aTweaks

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

There are a number of components in aTweaks that I'm wondering about with regard to SR compatibility:

Prevent Mislead clones from singing Bard songs;

Prevent Project Image and Simulacrum clones from using quickslot items;

Expanded temple services;

Give Shambling Mounds their proper soundset.

I would certainly like to use the first three components. With the "Expanded temple services", will the temples use the SR spells?

As for the Shambling Mounds, even if SR includes the soundset, should I install this component anyway in case another mod uses Shambling Mounds e.g. Geomantic Sorcerer?

As for Item Revisions, I thought I'd ask here rather than start a new topic for just a single question. Is "Magical arrows and bolts deal bonus damage equal to their enchantment level" from aTweaks balanced when combined with IR's changes to bows and crossbows. I suppose my main concern is whether it'll make archers (party and enemy) too powerful in Tutu/BGT.

I'm not sure regarding misleaded clones using bard songs, I'll look into it, if it's not already implemented I'll add it in the upcoming hotfix (hoping it doesn't take too long).

SR's Project Image and Simulacrum are already "nerfed" to prevent images/clones from using quickslot items, scrolls, and the like.

Regarding aTweaks 'Expanded temple services' I don't know how the code patches the files, aVENGER can probably answer this question much better than me. If it's assigning vanillas .spl files (spells) to temples, than it should simply use SR spells, as I replace the original ones. The only exception being Cure Moderate Wounds, because the .spl file for this spell didn't existed in vanilla (there was no 2nd level cure spell).

I'm quite sure you can install Shamblers soundset component over SR.

"Magical arrows and bolts deal bonus damage equal to their enchantment level" is already implemented within IR, thus you shouldn't install this component over IR. Depending on how it's coded it would either keep the coorect values assigned by IR or increasing them even more, causing ammos to deal more damage than their enchantment level.

There are a number of components in aTweaks that I'm wondering about with regard to SR compatibility:

Prevent Mislead clones from singing Bard songs;

Prevent Project Image and Simulacrum clones from using quickslot items;

Expanded temple services;

Give Shambling Mounds their proper soundset.

They are fully compatible. In fact, aTweaks has redundancy checks for both IR and SR. Here's an example:

BEGIN @205 DESIGNATED 205 // Prevent Project Image and Simulacrum clones from using quickslot items
GROUP @2 // Gameplay tweaks

// This tweak prevents Project Image and Simulacrum clones from using quickslot items

ACTION_IF NOT MOD_IS_INSTALLED SPELL_REV.TP2 2 THEN BEGIN // Checks for the Arcane Spells component of Spell Revisions

<...a bunch of code...>

END // ends check for the Arcane Spells component of Spell Revisions

ACTION_IF MOD_IS_INSTALLED SPELL_REV.TP2 2 THEN BEGIN // Displays a feedback message if similar mods are detected
PRINT @98 // * * * This component is already present in one of the mods that you are currently using. Preventing unnecessary content duplication. * * *
END // ends feedback message block

I would certainly like to use the first three components. With the "Expanded temple services", will the temples use the SR spells?

Yes, but the spell descriptions in the temples won't be updated to reflect this. The innate Cure Disease ability which Paladins get through aTweaks will also use the SR version.

As for the Shambling Mounds, even if SR includes the soundset, should I install this component anyway in case another mod uses Shambling Mounds e.g. Geomantic Sorcerer?

Installing this component over a mod which already uses the proper shambler soundest shouldn't do any harm.

As for Item Revisions, I thought I'd ask here rather than start a new topic for just a single question. Is "Magical arrows and bolts deal bonus damage equal to their enchantment level" from aTweaks balanced when combined with IR's changes to bows and crossbows.

As Demi said, this change is already included in IR so, aTweaks' redundancy check will kick in here as well.

With the "Expanded temple services", will the temples use the SR spells?

Yes, but the spell descriptions in the temples won't be updated to reflect this.

In this case, is there a possibility that the spell descriptions will be updated?

Greetings Leomar

In this case, is there a possibility that the spell descriptions will be updated?

Greetings Leomar

Possibly in some future release, but frankly, it's not really a high priority for me.

For reference, the aTweaks spell descriptions which appear in temples are very brief, so the differences between them and SR's spell descriptions are fairly negligible (i.e. Mass Cure heals 1d8 + 1 hp/level in the unmodded game and 2d8 + 1 hp/level in SR).

Possibly in some future release, but frankly, it's not really a high priority for me.

For reference, the aTweaks spell descriptions which appear in temples are very brief, so the differences between them and SR's spell descriptions are fairly negligible (i.e. Mass Cure heals 1d8 + 1 hp/level in the unmodded game and 2d8 + 1 hp/level in SR).

Thanks for your answer, aVENGER. :rolleyes:

Greetings Leomar

From your aTweaks v2.51 version history:

• Fixed a small issue with the descriptions of the spells added by the "Expanded temple services" component

Nice to see, that you have done this. :rolleyes:

Greetings Leomar

Archived