PnP Greater Malison

Demivrgvs

Now regarding save penalties, I'm open to suggestions on the appropriate topic, but as of now very few players gave me negative feedback, the few who did are those that actually never reached high level environment with SR and simply fear the save penalties by looking at them. :hm: Shaitan even use TweakPack to raise even more SR saves, and apparently he don't have problems, Ardanis just said that Irenicus successfully saved against a Disintegrate+GM (-7 penalty) five times in a row. I really don't know what to say, in vanilla most hardcore players simply consider save or else spells pathetic (take a look at forums such as IA), and that's why I implemented save penalties a la 3rd edition, but if most of you want to lower/remove them I really have nothing against it.

Let's say Irenicus has a Save of 1.

1-7 = 8.

Chance of irenicus saving against one spell : 60%

Chance of irenicus saving against two spells : 36%

Chance of Irenicus saving against five spells : 7,77%

He just got unlucky.

Or Irenicus had better saves than 1, and it could be quite possible actually if he was buffed.

* spell protections would have worked against it (this is something I can actually "fix" if DavidW want me to do it)

Well, as always I need SCS to function with or without SR/IR, so don't do this on my account. And while I think Carsomyr is an amazing weapon, I don't actually think it's "broken" - in my experience, battles do remain challenging after it's acquired, though mage combat does slightly change its flavour.

Having said that, it makes enough of a difference that I might offer some kind of minimalist Carsomyr-nerfing in SCIIv10 for non-IR players, just as I have for the Staff of the Magi. I'm inclined, atm, to borrow your suggestion for a saving throw vs. its dispelling effects. I don't in practice much mind whether spell protections work against it, because in practice anyone who's vulnerable to Carsomyr has already lost their spell protections.

Now regarding save penalties, I'm open to suggestions on the appropriate topic, but as of now very few players gave me negative feedback, the few who did are those that actually never reached high level environment with SR and simply fear the save penalties by looking at them. :hm: Shaitan even use TweakPack to raise even more SR saves, and apparently he don't have problems, Ardanis just said that Irenicus successfully saved against a Disintegrate+GM (-7 penalty) five times in a row. I really don't know what to say, in vanilla most hardcore players simply consider save or else spells pathetic (take a look at forums such as IA), and that's why I implemented save penalties a la 3rd edition, but if most of you want to lower/remove them I really have nothing against it.

If there's such a lack of consensus, I'll repeat my suggestion of making it optional (cf the code I suggested above).

Archived