Daystar

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't need some fixes. Whenever I've used it, I've never noticed the double damage vs. undead actually happening. After opening sw1h31.itm, I found that the item uses dbldead.eff and daystar.eff.

Opening these .eff files, I noticed that daystar.eff targets self and dbldead.eff target the party. Are those settings correct?

For that matter, are both files necessary? It seems they are redundant.

Just curious.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't need some fixes. Whenever I've used it, I've never noticed the double damage vs. undead actually happening. After opening sw1h31.itm, I found that the item uses dbldead.eff and daystar.eff.
The sword should work as intended. The double damage should show up as a second damage message in the combat log.

dldead.eff is the effect which makes Daystar do an extra 1d8+2 damage against undead. With the Fixpack installed, daystar1.eff makes the sword do an extra 2 damage against evil undead (for a total of 2d8+8).

Opening these .eff files, I noticed that daystar.eff targets self and dbldead.eff target the party. Are those settings correct?
They should have preset target as their target. Fixpack correctly sets the target to this on the extended eff daystar1. Perhaps you have other mods installed which are involved in this? If one of them has messed up the targetting of the effs, that would explain why you are not seeing the double damage.

.effs generally inherit their targeting from their parent resource (see the many BioWare .effs with -1 or 0 in the target field; it doesn't matter).

I'm pretty sure there's a Daystar upgrade in Weimer's Item Upgrade? We should probably double check that we're not breaking that mod by fixing the original Daystar (sigh...more new files).

Archived