bug or virus ?

Guest Guest_jhp_*

Guest Guest_jhp_*

I can't download Kivan 8.1. When I try, a message says to me that it's impossible to copy the mod on my computer because the access is forbidden. Also, my antivirus software (F-Secure) says that there is a virus on the mod. What can I do ?

I can't download Kivan 8.1. When I try, a message says to me that it's impossible to copy the mod on my computer because the access is forbidden.
You have to run the setup-kivan.exe as a administrator.

Also, my antivirus software (F-Secure) says that there is a virus on the mod. What can I do?
If the F-secure says it's that exact file that has virus, then that's a false alarm, as the setup-kivan.exe is actually renamed WeiDU.exe . Just put " virus " to this forums search engine and you'll see that every other virus scanner has tripped on this too.
Guest Guest_jhp_*

The version of Trojan seems to be Trojan.Generic.1431897. I can't install Kivan on my computer, when I try, my antivirus software automatically erase the file when it's at 99% downloaded. What can I do to instta the mod ?

Guest Guest_jhp_*

The version of Trojan seems to be Trojan.Generic.1431897. I can't install Kivan on my computer, when I try, my antivirus software automatically erase the file when it's at 99% downloaded. What can I do to install the mod ?

I can't install Kivan on my computer, when I try, my antivirus software automatically erase the file when it's at 99% downloaded. What can I do to install the mod ?
You could always turn off the antivirus program.

If you wish to be absolutly sure that there is no virus, you can open the .exe archive with WinRAR or 7-Zip, extract the other files(not the setup-*modname*.exe), and then download the last WeiDU.exe from the "Windows binary" archive from here. And copy the WeiDU.exe and rename it as the setup-*modname*.exe, and run it.

Trojan.Generic.1431897
That comes from the process that makes the WeiDU.exe, the anti-virus programs see it as a positive as virus falsely, as the program code has some same dinary values, which gives a false alert. You can always send a note to the anti-virus program maker that their program gives false alert, but that's usually already taken care of.
Guest Guest_jhp_*

I don't have Kivan's mod on my computer because my antivirus software erase the mod before that Kivan's mod be installed on my computer. Someone has a solution ?

(PS : sorry for my english !)

Archived