Neeshka's Romance Screenshot Chit-Chat

Guest ll712

*squeals like a 13 year old girl at a Twilight midnight showing*

*Ahem*

I mean, lookin' good. Yeah. If you'll excuse me, I'm gunna go pump some iron and beat up random people walking past my house to feel like a bit like a man again. Thanks for the teaser, Domi.

(Groans) The mere mention of Twighlight makes *me* want to go pumps some iron... 'nyways I moved this particular dialogue to later in the game, because it reflects a more confident Neeshka rather than 'just met' Neeshka, and replaced it with a better fitting one :thumbsup: I'll put another teaser when I'll get a few more dialogues in.

(Groans) The mere mention of Twighlight makes *me* want to go pumps some iron... 'nyways I moved this particular dialogue to later in the game, because it reflects a more confident Neeshka rather than 'just met' Neeshka, and replaced it with a better fitting one :thumbsup: I'll put another teaser when I'll get a few more dialogues in.

Sorry to upset you so ;) My sister dragged me along to the new one that opened the other day, made me think of it. They don't pay me enough for this お兄さん stuff.

Nah, I like pumping iron actually, I am working towards my certification as a group fitness instructor in RL to be able to teach lunch-time classes at work. :thumbsup:

EDIT: I split it up, so the folks who just want to see the screenies will have easier time finding just the screeneis in the future, and the free-style discussion can go on here.

I was looking at the screenshots, and they just reminded me about the upbeat, adventurer-style dialogue and romance-dialogue that was present in BGII, and the many infinity engine mods. Characters had a more self-contained nature, which did not ignore the environment, but could brighten up the mood on a dull walk, or having left a moody dungeon, without directly discussing themselves (although obviously they did where it made sense).

I know Dragon Age:Origins is the current focus of the RPG player community right now, but the the sullen and threatening atmosphere and a prevalence of disillusioned, saturnine remarks and pleas of NPCs simply does not allow for the self-expression of party characters in the same fashion. Many of the DA:O characters have intricately tied motives with strong links to the main storyline, and even when they make casual conversation (sure, one memorable inter-party banter about shoes is not depressing per se), it never really lifts the mood, and feels altogether out of place (due to the pervasiveness of bitterness, strife and sadness). I appreciate that DA:O is a different world (a 'darker, grittier' one), but I don't feel like a free adventurer holding together a party of mismatched merry-men who I have chanced upon in my travels (of course, I suspect the whole DA:O concept precludes this as an objective). Perhaps I'm simply reacting badly to the 'single, universal antagonist' storyline which prevents the freedom of expression and discussion of characters who are much more focused on defeating a great evil than anything else, but I prefer the ambiance of the older games where you can imagine your party members trying to make conversation in the cold air, or discussing something personal or indeed completely irrelevant with you while walking through the slums among thieves and beggars engaging in a multiplicity and wide variety of little businesses, thoroughly absorbed in their own disconnected objectives.

Sorry, that looks like a rant, but everything is relative, and I'm trying to say I'm glad we have mods like this to make adventuring 'adventuring'. Epic stories have heroes, but the heroes are not always adventurers. I prefer the latter.

I have a hunch that in the happier times a lot of folks are willing to go to the darker, depressing themes for their entertainment. But when the times are relatively gloomy, the heart wants something more up-beat. While I am frankly dissappointed hubby and I can't play DA:O over our January vacation, I am starting to think that playing Storm of Zehir might actually be a better match for a X-mas break when the times are like this. :thumbsup: I am also thinking that it's part of the reason why I re-tooled to a very light, adventure style mod in my background writing at the moment.

Archived