Change Avatar when Wearing Robes or Armor

Tieflingz

If this isn't the right place to ask, apologies.

But.. While I think the modification is brilliant, is there a way to turn it off or actually reverse the process for the Fighter/Thief classes? (Dual and Multi)

My Fighter Dual Assassin's avatar always turn into a Fighter Human Male, as I tried to switch it to Thief Human Male with keeper, it just simply switch it back for me

Call me a cowled thief fetish, but I'd really like my backstabber with a hood!! Anything? Or am I forced to uninstall the mod?

If this isn't the right place to ask, apologies.

But.. While I think the modification is brilliant, is there a way to turn it off or actually reverse the process for the Fighter/Thief classes? (Dual and Multi)

My Fighter Dual Assassin's avatar always turn into a Fighter Human Male, as I tried to switch it to Thief Human Male with keeper, it just simply switch it back for me

Call me a cowled thief fetish, but I'd really like my backstabber with a hood!! Anything? Or am I forced to uninstall the mod?

Well, you could protect your Fighter/Thief with a spell that protect from the opcode... but you could also just put a leather armor on when you go backstabbing, as you weren't able to do that in the original game with Fullplate armor on. And you should get less stealth penalties...
Well, you could protect your Fighter/Thief with a spell that protect from the opcode... but you could also just put a leather armor on when you go backstabbing, as you weren't able to do that in the original game with Fullplate armor on. And you should get less stealth penalties...

Hi,

i've the same 'problem'.

If both classes are active, the F/T always looks like a fighter, even in leather armor.

But the hooded style simply looks better in my opinion. :thumbsup:

Hi, i've the same 'problem'.

If both classes are active, the F/T always looks like a fighter, even in leather armor.

But the hooded style simply looks better in my opinion. :hm:

:thumbsup: What's the bug you refer to? As the original game uses the Warrior avatar as default for the Fighter/Thief, and the mods component makes the armor change the avatar when you put the leather armor on... unless of course you put on a leather that was installed after this component was. All this cause the original poster wished his avatar to NOT be changed...

(Yoda voice)

Install this; ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon): v8; Have you?

(Yoda voice)

Install this; ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon): v8; Have you?

of course...thats what we talk about, isn't it?

:)

:hm: What's the bug you refer to? As the original game uses the Warrior avatar as default for the Fighter/Thief, and the mods component makes the armor change the avatar when you put the leather armor on... unless of course you put on a leather that was installed after this component was. All this cause the original poster wished his avatar to NOT be changed...

No Bug, just a remark...

If there is a F/T/M who has a full plate, a leather armor and a robe.

With the full plate - an avatar of a fighter.

With the robe - an avatar of a mage.

With the leather armor - an avatar of a fighter -> but if i want him to look like a thief, and switch his appearance through shadow keeper - the mod simply switches back to the fighter-avatar.

(its the same with dual or multiclass fighter/thiefs)

I hope this was a better explanation. :thumbsup:

My question finally: is it possible to have a thief-looking avatar with a F/T and the component installed?

Ah...There is a betterTM version of the same feature in here... well, it's actually improvement... You can install it after the BG2 Tweaks, but you might wish to remove the component first.

Ah, thanks!

Is it possible to remove the component without reinstalling?

Ah, thanks!

Is it possible to remove the component without reinstalling?

Yes, in all WeiDU mods, you just restart the WeiDU.exe that's renamed as setup-modname.exe, in this case the name is setup-bg2_tweaks.exe... and follow the instructions, as they ask what to do with each component. Clever?

You need to skip the other components so they stay installed, and uninstall the "Change Avatar When..." and the program will uninstall the component and possibly other installed after it, and it will then reinstall the later ones again.

It of course makes difference if you had many other WeiDU mods installed after the component... on the stability of the game... and what mods were installed after, but usually the small mods(<100Mbs) work well with each others.

Archived