Issues

the bigg

Unsure if these are related to SCS, SCSII or something else, but they look like AI issues, so...

- Charmed bears (as in Ranger Animal empathy) will still RandomWalk() when not engaged in a fight.

- skelet_b (10 darts, morning star, buckler) misbehaves: it spawns with his darts out, immediately switches to his morning star and charges in melee, and will run away when attacked in melee.

WeiDU.log

Bandit camp: Raemon, Haztik and a posse of 5 Black Talons Elite started zooming on me the instant I entered the camp, soon followed by Britik and 3 Hobgoblin Elites. The resulting battle was fun, but zooming in from offscreen is IMHO cheap.

I'm sure this kind of thing is unavoidable, but the archer AI is the stupid version of hard: if an archer has three warriors pounding on him, he should either attempt to retreat or engage one of these three warriors in melee. He should NOT keep shooting arrows at the mage far away. Having to repeat the same large battle because the last archer decides to go Kamikaze and scores a lucky twenty on the mage is not hard, it's just aggravating.

Bandit camp: Raemon, Haztik and a posse of 5 Black Talons Elite started zooming on me the instant I entered the camp, soon followed by Britik and 3 Hobgoblin Elites. The resulting battle was fun, but zooming in from offscreen is IMHO cheap.

I think David has stated that this is not intended behaviour. If you enter the camp normally (ie not as recruits) this makes things easier, as you fight the bandits in two seperate battles. Raemon&CO are supposed to issue forth from the big tent only after the fighting has started, thus making it more difficult.

I'm sure this kind of thing is unavoidable, but the archer AI is the stupid version of hard: if an archer has three warriors pounding on him, he should either attempt to retreat or engage one of these three warriors in melee. He should NOT keep shooting arrows at the mage far away. Having to repeat the same large battle because the last archer decides to go Kamikaze and scores a lucky twenty on the mage is not hard, it's just aggravating.

Well, mages *are* dangerous, and generally easier to hit. I often do this with my own characters. I see this as a problem with the engine itself. There should be a heavy penalty for shooting at distant targets while being pounded on in melee.

Personally I always try to keep my mages out of archers' range.

Archived