Planescape is minimized to left side of screen; color errors & breaks

Guest Guest

So I installed PS, and followed the instructions w/ the readme.. but then I ended up with this when I set my resolution to 1600 x 900. It isn't frozen, and I can click the buttons and stuff. I tried changing it to other resolutions, but it stayed the same. Any help would be appreciated.

planescape.jpg

You probably got a corrupted game file, or wrong resolution scale... make a totally clean install, meaning that after you uninstall the game, you remove the game folder and then reinstall again, then start a new game without any mods in it so the game autosaves, and then install the mods, the Widescreen mod included making sure that the new resolution is one the screen can natively show, and then the Ghost dogs UI.

You probably got a corrupted game file, or wrong resolution scale... make a totally clean install, meaning that after you uninstall the game, you remove the game folder and then reinstall again, then start a new game without any mods in it so the game autosaves, and then install the mods, the Widescreen mod included making sure that the new resolution is one the screen can natively show, and then the Ghost dogs UI.

Tried that 3-4 times ... everytime the same result. Funny thing is, whenever I click on something I get a weird error message, refering to F:\Torment while my game folder is G:\Planescape Torment

any idea?

Tried that 3-4 times ... everytime the same result. Funny thing is, whenever I click on something I get a weird error message, refering to F:\Torment while my game folder is G:\Planescape Torment

any idea?

Open up the "Torment.ini" in the game folder and make sure the [Alias] 'es point to the right directory... link mine is in the "C:\Pelit\PST\" folder with:
[Alias]

HD0:=C:\Pelit\PST\

CD1:=C:\Pelit\PST\CD1\

CD2:=C:\Pelit\PST\CD2\

CD3:=C:\Pelit\PST\CD2\

CD4:=C:\Pelit\PST\CD2\

Should that not help, edit the system registry using the regedit.exe utility. Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\" and remove the Torment.ini ... the reason for this is that you might have left an old version registered and so the starter might actually start the wrong Torment.exe ... and make a quick icon from the actual Torment.exe thats in the game folder.

Archived