Watcher's Keep level 1

Guest Guest

This isn't a modding question but what do the conditions that appear in the area script for Level 1 of Watcher's Keep mean? The file is AR3001.bcs and the lines are:

GlobalGT("XPGiven","GLOBAL",500000)
	LevelPartyLT(14)

What does LevelPartyLT check? Is it the lowest level in the party or something? And what is that first line checking?

Thanks

LevelParty, in the IESDP,

0x40D7 LevelParty(I:Num*)

NT Returns true only if the level of the highest-levelled party member is equal to the number specified.

0x40D8 LevelPartyGT(I:Num*)

NT As above but greater than.

0x40D9 LevelPartyLT(I:Num*)

NT As above but less than.

NT means "not tested", so it could be broken (or not). But it seems to be checking to see that at at the very least, the most experienced one of the party members is less than L14, and that the game's record of XP granted is greater than 500000. If it is part of a WK area, it probably is an interesting way of seeing if it is a ToB-level encounter, or a SoA-level encounter.

OK thanks. It's in the block which decides whether to remove some of the statues from the level so yes it is supposed to be assessing how strong the party is. Still, I'd like to know exactly how that XPGiven Global works.

I can't see it being the total xp that's been given in the game just because 500k is such a low amount (if someone had earned less than that amount they could not be level 15 so there would be no need for both lines).

Archived