Lich immune to breach

MrHell

The Lich in the bridge district is (actually now that I think of it... all the liches are) immune to my breach spells... even though I've installed the 'more consistent breach' component.

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v11

I hit the Lich with spell strike, several ruby rays and then a breach. But his protection from magic energy, magic weapons and fire never budges. Spell turning is definitely gone before I use breach.

Just how am I meant to beat these guys?

If SCS component is installed after SR (as recommended) it should work as per SCS.

SR's Breach per se don't affect liches as per vanilla.

If you have Spellstrike and RRR I assume you are quite high in level, thus there's an easier way within SR to handle liches, Pierce Shield. Within SR such spell is basically a Ruby Ray plus Breach in one, and being an 8th lvl spell it works against rakshasas and liches. :)

Thanks for your quick response. I don't actually have SR installed... and I just tried pierce shield but it didn't work.... I thought it was basically the same as pierce magic?

So still no luck. Should I try reinstalling the component?

Also... an off topic question. Does SR work well with SCS? Does SCS AI take into account the new/changed spells?

Thanks again.

I have the same issue with liches. It was also posted in another thread here, so we aren't the only ones. Not sure what causes it; the only other mods I have are the fixpack, ascension, and a few things from the tweakpack. Reinstalling the component didn't fix it for me.

The best tactic I've found is to get rid of the lich's invisibility through whatever means you like, then power word blind, then kill with ranged weapons once PfMW falls off. You may need a 2nd blind if it has another stoneskin or PfMW in a contingency. While blind it may still summon demons for you to fight and might even cast horrid wilting on itself, so be ready for those. You can try melee, and it can work, but the lich will keep chaining PfMW until it runs out of the spell and you will want to carry a lot more power word blinds.

Archived