Can't get widescreen-v2.2.exe to work om BG

Guest Guest_Daniel

Guest Guest_Daniel

Hi

First of all I'm sorry if you feel that my problems have been discused before in a previous post, but I have tried it all and simply can't get it to work. So I'm trying to post my details here, and hopefully you or others will be able to help me.

I want to change the resolution in BG1 - Tales of the sword coast.

I have installed the original game and afterwards the expansion Tales of the Sword Coast. All 100 % original versions.

Then I installed the patch: Baldur's Gate - TotSC Patch (v. 1.3.5521 international)

I have Vista and a Nvidia Card 8600 and tried the Nvidia fix file.

My game is installed in: C:\Main Folder\Games\Baldur's Gate

The error I get when using setup-WIDESCREEN is:

ERROR: bgmain2.exe -> bgmain.exe patching failed

I'm not quite sure what to do now so any help would be much appreciated.

I have installed the original game and afterwards the expansion Tales of the Sword Coast. All 100 % original versions.

Then I installed the patch: Baldur's Gate - TotSC Patch (v. 1.3.5521 international)

ERROR: bgmain2.exe -> bgmain.exe patching failed

Use the patch v(1.3.)5512 from here, not the broken and F% beta patch that has the potency to destroy your computer. See that's why the Widescreen mod only supports the latest official patch, not some beta patch.

Direct download link to the 5512 international file.

Easy.
See that's why the Widescreen mod only supports the latest official patch, not some beta patch.

Are you always that misinformed? Unlike the beta patch nonsense with BG2, the latest official patch for BG1 is the 5521 (not the 5512 that WSM supports). It just happened that I was handed the code to support BG1 for UK v5512, and recoding WSM for 5521 or non-UK versions is a monumental waste of time:

1) supporting a new version of BG1 would require 5x the amount of work needed for supporting a new version of any other game (as I need to find 5x the amount of offsets vs. the other games)

2) there are about a dozen different versions of BG1 in the wild (totsc or not, america vs. UK vs. rest of europe vs. asia, dx7 vs dx8...)

3) everybody plays Tutu or BGT anyway

Archived