Amber BGII NPC mod install failure - how to fix?

ericp07

Hello,

My latest attempt to install the Amber NPC for BGII - SoA/ToB on my Mac (OS X 10.4.11) has failed, for the first time. The relevant portion of the .DEBUG file reads:

"Do you wish to install Amber the NPC Mod for BGII:SoA?

Note! If you have not done a full install of Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn,

please make sure that CD 2 is inserted in your CD-ROM drive before continuing.

[Y]es, [N]o, or [Q]uit [Here, I pressed "Y" to install] Problem Unix.Unix_error(26, "mkdir", "amber/backup/0") on

amber/backup/0: util.ml

WARNING: unable to open [amber/backup/0/UNINSTALL.0]: Sys-error("amber/backup/0/UNINSTALL.0: Not a directory")

Will be unable to UNINSTALL later.

ERROR: Sys-error("amber/backup/0/ARGS.0: Not a directory")

PLEASE email the file Setup-Amber.DEBUG to amber@welho.net"

Is there a way to fix this, so the installer finds what it needs to find and completes the installation? Another work-around? Please help!

Thanks and best wishes,

Eric

Does the amber/backup folder exist? Are you using a case-sensitive file system?

No such folder shows up, but there's a file called backup. It looks like a UNIX executable file. As for the file system, Mac OS X is based on BSD. I'm not sure if it's case-sensitive or not.

Thanks,

Eric

but there's a file called backup.
Your installation is totally screwed up.

I'm not sure if it's case-sensitive or not.
Select your disk and Get Info (Cmd-I); it will have a Format: attribute that will tell you (unless this isn't your computer, then it's certainly not case-sensitive, as you would have had to purposely set it up that way).
but there's a file called backup.
Your installation is totally screwed up.

I'm not sure if it's case-sensitive or not.
Select your disk and Get Info (Cmd-I); it will have a Format: attribute that will tell you (unless this isn't your computer, then it's certainly not case-sensitive, as you would have had to purposely set it up that way).

The issue with the file named "backup" inside the mod directory comes out that way when I extract the downloaded .rar file using StuffIt Expander. I've extracted from the archive again to be sure.

Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

Thanks,

Eric

Archived