Crash when enterring The King Crypt

Guest Fouinto

Guest Fouinto

Hi,

I've encountered a CTD and I didn't find someone having reported it : crash when entering AR0806.are (The King Crypt in the graveyard), even with CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("ar0806")

When trying to CLUA the creatures, the game crash when CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("BHCRYPT") It's the well known "King of the Crypt"

Full version : bug report here in SHS forum.

Short version :

If I load the .cre file in DLTCEP, and then click on "Check the Creature", DLTCEP complain "Embedded effect (Unknown(3747892)) #3" see the screen-shot here.

If I remove this effect "4 Unknown(3747892) SPWI713 (0x323234 0x10003) SPWI506", then, I can CLUA the creature without crash.

According to "weidu.exe --change-log", SCSII changes this .cre file in a way that lead to CTD and according to Lolorian (who knows far better than me such a thing) this could be a conflict between BP and SCSII.

If you need further explanation/experiments on this problem, feel free to ask.

Hope this helps.

Fouinto

I'm fairly sure it's BP's Improved Crypt King component that introduced this error. The .cre files do not match the change-log exactly - they are off by one due to the way backups are stored (so CRE.004.cre was changed by component #3 etc.).

Edit: to be clearer, SCS2's patching corrupts it worse because BP may already have corrupted it.

Archived