Problem with lower than native resolution

Guest Leo

Hey.

I'm using a 1440x900 LCD monitor, and the mod works just fine at this resolution. However, I don't like playing old games at very high resolutions as the text becomes hard to read, and I get a general feeling I'm not experiencing it as intended.

I'd like to use something like 960x600 or 1024x640, but when I install the mod with these resolutions and start up the game, the screen is large, and off center. So I can only see the upper left corner of the menu, the bottom right, being hidden off the screen.

Any idea what's causing this?

Guest RegularJohn
Hey.

I'm using a 1440x900 LCD monitor, and the mod works just fine at this resolution. However, I don't like playing old games at very high resolutions as the text becomes hard to read, and I get a general feeling I'm not experiencing it as intended.

I'd like to use something like 960x600 or 1024x640, but when I install the mod with these resolutions and start up the game, the screen is large, and off center. So I can only see the upper left corner of the menu, the bottom right, being hidden off the screen.

I had the same problem with my recently installed BG Trilogy, but i found a solution. It has something to do how your display driver handles lower resolution than your native one(1440x900 in your case). I got a nvidia video card and on the nvidia control panel you can choose how the driver handles these resolution.

To get to the option on the nvidia control panel you have to :

right click on your desktop -> nvida control panel -> desktop size and position options -> I'm using the second option(nvidia scaling with fixed aspect ratio).

Keep in mind you have to choose a resolution in the same aspect ratio as your native resolution or else you will get black borders but the ones you named are ok. I'm using a german version of the driver so the options might be named a little bit different but the way to get there is the same.

I hope it helps you and please excuse my poor english it's not my native language :suspect:

Hey.

I had the same problem with my recently installed BG Trilogy, but i found a solution. It has something to do how your display driver handles lower resolution than your native one(1440x900 in your case). I got a nvidia video card and on the nvidia control panel you can choose how the driver handles these resolution.

right click on your desktop -> nvida control panel -> desktop size and position options -> I'm using the second option(nvidia scaling with fixed aspect ratio).

Keep in mind you have to choose a resolution in the same aspect ratio as your native resolution or else you will get black borders but the ones you named are ok. I'm using a german version of the driver so the options might be named a little bit different but the way to get there is the same.

I hope it helps you and please excuse my poor english it's not my native language :hm:

I don't have that option, as my screen is connected via VGA. ???

Guest Sebastian
Hey.

I hope it helps you and please excuse my poor english it's not my native language :hm:

I don't have that option, as my screen is connected via VGA. :undecided:

I've only managed to make 1280x800 work with a 1.6 aspect ratio. 960x600 or 1024x640 don't work for me. I wonder if it is possible to have the game in window mode, at a specific window resolution but with a lower in-window resolution (basically a zoom).

If anyone finds stable 1.6 resolutions lower than 1280x800, please let us know.

If anyone finds stable 1.6 resolutions lower than 1280x800, please let us know.
1152x720, and find, there is no such a thing with resolutions... Of course, the best options are in your monitor, as it's default resolution can be adjusted.

Archived