Problem with IWD II.

ramenbito

Hey,

Well my iwd II suddenly decided not to work... I have installed the patch and have iwd II npc mod installed. For some reason first it started to crash during the cold marshes (the stone rolling thing right after killing the barbarians) then it started to crash whenever I wanted to load any of my savegames and now sometimes it says that there is a problem with the clean up of the temp folder. Any how... is there someway I can do something to be able to play iwd II? I reinstalled everything but no change at all.

-ramenbito

I reinstalled everything but no change at all.
Might that be the problem? As you re-installed, did you have a clean install folder? As the uninstallation doesn't clean the folder, the mods that you hade installed leave files into folders that can cause all sorts of havick.
I reinstalled everything but no change at all.
Might that be the problem? As you re-installed, did you have a clean install folder? As the uninstallation doesn't clean the folder, the mods that you hade installed leave files into folders that can cause all sorts of havick.

well I am afraid of losing my save files which I am unable to find yet... -_-' so I did not but i did check the temp file of wd and it was empty?

well I am afraid of losing my save files which I am unable to find yet... -_-' so I did not but i did check the temp file of wd and it was empty?
The saves most likely become unusable anyway, unless you export and import the characters to a new game... they are in the "mpsave" folder... and it's not the "temp" folder you should be concerned when checking, but the "override" folder. And all those are inside the game folder.
The saves most likely become unusable anyway, unless you export and import the characters to a new game... they are in the "mpsave" folder... and it's not the "temp" folder you should be concerned when checking, but the "override" folder. And all those are inside the game folder.

Well it suddenly started to work again on it's own? maybe a random bug? But anyway thanks for the tips! =)

Archived