Cannot enter tent in Waukeen's Promenade

I'm currently attempting my first run through BG2. I'm at the point where I'm just about to enter chapter 3 (choosing who to give my 15k to, between the Shadow Thieves or that chick in the Graveyard).

I had previously gotten a quest by a boy near the circus tent in Waukeen's Promenade. It seems I was supposed to enter the tent, but I can't figure out how to do it. After doing a brief bit of research online, it seems my game is perhaps bugged. I see the tent, very near where you exit jail, and the guard is in front of it. I did speak to him once, but I think he told me no one is allowed to enter the tent any longer. There is no way I can see to enter the tent. The black door-looking thing on the south end of the tent has the guard there, but I cannot click that door. The guard "has nothing to say to me" either.

I've tried re-installing the game (and backing up my saves) but I have the same issue.

Also, I noticed a new issues has arisen since I re-loaded my saved gamer, after re-install... upon entering the game I immediately lose 1 point of reputation.

My first install was BG2 + ToB expansion. I had the latest official patch, and also the BG2 Fix pack, from this site, installed. When I re-installed I just stuck with BG2 - SoA, official patch, + BG2 fix patch from here.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Should I start over? I can share my saved game files if desired.

Is this the best/correct forum to post this problem? My first post, tyia =)

I've tried re-installing the game (and backing up my saves) but I have the same issue.
Well, what you should have done, is to load a save before you talked to the guard, see one of the responses it that you do not care what happens in the tent and that blocks your entrance... but if you wish, you probably still can cheat yourself into the tent, with this, when the console is activated and you enter this exactly when you have your party members active:
CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR0600")

Don't mess with a character that you believe to be non important.

Well, what you should have done, is to load a save before you talked to the guard, see one of the responses it that you do not care what happens in the tent and that blocks your entrance... but if you wish, you probably still can cheat yourself into the tent, with this, when the console is activated and you enter this exactly when you have your party members active:
CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR0600")

Don't mess with a character that you believe to be non important.

Sorry for the delayed response. I appreciate the advice, many thanks =)

I restarted and didn't have any issues the 2nd time around. I'm much farther than I was before as well. Having a LOT of fun with this game =)

Archived