BG2 - detectable spells

HerrSvensson

I hope someone can help me. I'm making a script for buffing my party with different hotkeys, and with both Jaheira and Anomen in the party, it is important that they do not buff same characters with same spell.

The following spells are not detectable for me:

Chaotic commands

Death ward

Defensive Harmony

Armor of faith

There may very well be more spells that are not detectable.

So far I've installed Detectable spells, Scriptable spells, Chloe npc, Kelsey npc, eseries.

For example, when I check for death ward, I use "!CheckStat(Myself, 1, SCRIPTINGSTATE2)"

When I check for chaotic commands, I use "CheckStat(Myself,0,CLERIC_CHAOTIC_COMMANDS)"

Still the AI will cast these spells twice even though the spells are active already. I tried using numbers instead, listed in stats.ids, but no success.

I copied some of the .ids files from override folder to script compiler folder because it was necessary in order to cast innate spells like INQUIS_TRUE_SIGHT etc. So I figured, maybe it's required for triggers as well.

The stats.ids file makes no sense to me. Some variables use the same number. For example

110 PROFICIENCYMARTIALARTS

110 CLERIC_ARMOR_OF_FAITH (listed after 200)

119 EXTRAPROFICIENCY5

119 CLERIC_CHAOTIC_COMMANDS (listed after 200)

etc...

Could this be the problem? I tried editing the number to an unused number, but no success.

Thanks.

This is the most recent readme for DS I can find around, and while the info may be out of date, it's the best place to start.

The most up to date Detectable Spells package can be found as a component in SCS.

Thanks. I assume by SCS you mean Sword Coast Stratagems. I didn't have EasyTutu installed or BG1, so I'm not sure exactly how to install the detectable spells.

I tested re-installing the old 1.24 version (Last Modified: November 5, 2003) of detectable spells, and suddenly I can check if defensive harmony is active, so some other mod must've overriden the detectable spells I assume.

Thanks. I assume by SCS you mean Sword Coast Stratagems. I didn't have EasyTutu installed or BG1, so I'm not sure exactly how to install the detectable spells.

scsii contains the same build of DS, so you can use that.

I tested re-installing the old 1.24 version (Last Modified: November 5, 2003) of detectable spells, and suddenly I can check if defensive harmony is active, so some other mod must've overriden the detectable spells I assume.

Now it doesn't work anymore. Very odd.

scsii contains the same build of DS, so you can use that.

Alright, now I managed to install it. It was part of the "Core components". And it works, thanks.

Archived