Install questions

Guest Shadaos

Guest Shadaos

So I hadn't played this game in years, decided to try it out again... but I was always frustrated that I couldn't retain the only pure thief in the game. I installed and have played through quite a bit of the game now, and just discovered this mod. I figured out how to install it, and got it to install but it gave me a few warnings, which seemed odd cause all I have installed is SoA+ToB, the official patch, and the fixpack. Anyway, I have two major questions:

First, is it inadvisable to try to play the mod with warnings during the install process?

Second, will this mod work with a saved game file? (the file is before going to spellhold, with Yoshimo in the party)

Thanks for the reply, and thanks for the mod.

Guest Shadaos

Not really interested in changing much of anything about the original game, just wanna keep my thief... So, still looking for an answer on this one. Thanks though.

First, is it inadvisable to try to play the mod with warnings during the install process?

What were the warnings? They should be listed in a setup-#!yoshi.debug text file if you have the mod installed.

Second, will this mod work with a saved game file? (the file is before going to spellhold, with Yoshimo in the party)

Keeping in mind that I haven't tried it, based on the code I'd venture yes, except for the Make Yoshimo Chaotic Good component.

Guest Shadaos

3 kinds of warnings, the first one below (WARNING: COMPILE <etc>) was listed for 6 different file names, and the WARNING:EXTEND for 3 files.

WARNING: COMPILE #!Yoshi/Dlg/interjections.d with strings from setup.tra

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~!StateCheck(Yoshimo,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

InParty("Yoshimo")~: Not_found

WARNING: EXTEND* #!buttplug_edit.baf with strings from setup.tra

Also, there was a 'POSSIBLE ERROR' for 2 files;

POSSIBLE ERROR: file #!Torosa.cre is not found in action 7.

(same with file #!Demor.cre)

Of note, I did not install the make Yoshimo chaotic good part since I didn't see any need to. Whats the benefit of a good yoshimo vs neutral yoshimo? anyway... gonna keep playing and hope I'm able to keep him.

You can ignore most of those warnings. They are displayed because the mod has the MODDER command enabled, which displays additional warnings for modders.

The only one that indicates an actual bug refers to this (in Dlg/interjections.d):

!StateCheck(Yoshimo,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

It should be:

!StateCheck("Yoshimo",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

I'll try contacting Icendoan and see if he'd approve some maintenance updates for the mod.

Did you try Tortured Souls

If Tortured Soul has got somme interessing content for Yoshimo, It could be interessing to add the same for "keeping Yoshimo" (with the agreement of Torrel SOuls authors of course)

Archived