Praise for Angelo

Guest Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest Guest_Anonymous_*

First of all, I would like to congratulate Sister Vigilante on this mod. After I downloaded it I played through the game and every time I have to have Angelo in my party. I've even played as a female more than half the time to take the romance. :) *applause*

*ahem* anyway, in the times I played through I *did* notice a few glitches and things (not big problems), or just bits that didn't make sense, so I thought it was best to post them here.

1. During Angelo's quest with his "brother" Sawara, I handed in the black lotus to the government (being a paladin and all) thinking that the other path was the chaotic/evil choice, and Sawara attacks me when I go back to the Bridge district. ("Please stay still while I kill you" :) ) and after the fight, Sawara drops his planar gem. Is there a way to fix this? He's only supposed to drop it in his house, right?

2. I played a game starting from TOB. I go to the fire giant mountains and a certain trio of ninjas attack me. No quest update or anything. Then I played through SOA and got the +4 katana and stuff, and in TOB Suu tells me Ginpachi is after me for the sword. But my other game obviously didn't have it. Doesn't that mean in TOB Ginpachi is attacking me for no reason?

3. Suu in ToB is missing a portrait. Not really a problem, but there.

Phew, hope I didn't write too much. Like I said, they're not big problems or bugs or anything, but I thought since no one else said anything about them...

Oh, and again, thanks for making this wonderful mod! (I especially liked the romance, and the NEW vampirism thing. Dunno why, but it felt really sad)

Cheers!

Many thanks for the kind words :puke: and please, don't worry about "writing too much," this is what the board is for.

1. Ah yes, I think this came up before. If you use it does it randomly transport you to the bridge district? From an RP perspective, it makes sense to me that Sawara would carry the stone around; practically, it does give the player a weird item they can't use. I'll put that down for fixin'

2. I have a theory about this. I don't actually know how the mod is coded, but it's possible that Ginpachi in ToB is tied to the variable not of picking up the sword but of Sawara's death: getting rid of the lotus and fighting him in the street is an uncommon solution, so you may be one of the first to try it. Otherwise it sounds like a bug. Anyone else have this?

3. Gotcha. I can't remember if this was the case on my own playthroughs but I'll keep it in mind.

Cheers!

First of all, I would like to congratulate Sister Vigilante on this mod. After I downloaded it I played through the game and every time I have to have Angelo in my party. I've even played as a female more than half the time to take the romance. :) *applause*

*ahem* anyway, in the times I played through I *did* notice a few glitches and things (not big problems), or just bits that didn't make sense, so I thought it was best to post them here.

1. During Angelo's quest with his "brother" Sawara, I handed in the black lotus to the government (being a paladin and all) thinking that the other path was the chaotic/evil choice, and Sawara attacks me when I go back to the Bridge district. ("Please stay still while I kill you" :) ) and after the fight, Sawara drops his planar gem. Is there a way to fix this? He's only supposed to drop it in his house, right?

2. I played a game starting from TOB. I go to the fire giant mountains and a certain trio of ninjas attack me. No quest update or anything. Then I played through SOA and got the +4 katana and stuff, and in TOB Suu tells me Ginpachi is after me for the sword. But my other game obviously didn't have it. Doesn't that mean in TOB Ginpachi is attacking me for no reason?

3. Suu in ToB is missing a portrait. Not really a problem, but there.

Phew, hope I didn't write too much. Like I said, they're not big problems or bugs or anything, but I thought since no one else said anything about them...

Oh, and again, thanks for making this wonderful mod! (I especially liked the romance, and the NEW vampirism thing. Dunno why, but it felt really sad)

Cheers!

Guest Guest_Anonymous

Thanks for the quick reply. Like I said, they're not big gamebreaking problems, but they're there, so...

Anyway, I forgot a couple when I was writing it, so I'll post the rest now.

1. Erm... when I got to the drow city and talked to Solaufein, afterwards Angelo had the romance dialogue that started as "I don't like the way that drow looked at you". This was a male character I was playing. Second playthrough with my other character was the same. Third playthrough was a female PC that romanced Angelo, and was the only one who didn't get that dialogue. It didn't set any romance variables or anything but it was... disturbing to say the least.

2. In TOB, I went and recruited Sarevok (with Angelo in my party) and they argued. Later I asked Angelo what he thought of Sarevok and he simply said "I've got nothing to say, chief". Typical. So, I go through the game and convince Sarevok to turn Chaotic Good. Sarevok banters with Angelo again and finishes the "quest". I asked Angelo what he thought of Sarevok now and he still said "I've got nothing to say". Shouldn't this be changed since he's reached an understanding with Sarevok?

So, no problem, but since the first one seemed to be pretty big to me I thought I might suggest the second thing as well since I love how Angelo actually treats Sarevok differently if he turns good. (In vanilla TOB nothing actually changes about Sarevok. No banters or whatever.)

Oh man I thought that Solaufein thing was fixed :) It is just possible that I said at the time to leave it in because it was funny, by probably not :puke: I'll mark it for the next version. Strange though that it didn't trigger for the romancing PC; if I recall in the past it triggered in every game, no exceptions. Probably the only reason it wasn't a bigger issue is that most people (I think it safe to say) play Angelo for the romance.

The second is interesting...I never thought about that. My instinct is to say that even after the "reconciliation" he'd be reticent; but yeah, it should change somewhat. Maybe a simple "..." would be the most poignant. Anyway I'm glad you got to see that content, because it doesn't trigger for some people due to the faulty firing of Sarevok's redemption talks. Their last talk, and what he gives Sarevok, may be my favorite moment in the mod.

And thanks, Kath ;)

Just jumping in to add that Angelo really is rather wonderful :)

Kath Stonedog

Archived