SR BWP install

Tonton Fred

Hi,

in a similar way to my earlier post for IR, I would like to estimate impact of a few mods included in the BWP on SR. The list is much shorter this time, as I have already many answers (aTweaks for example, skips spell-related components if SR is detected).

1. BG2 Fixpack
    Component 114 : Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun (I guess the same question would apply to P&P Free action by Miloch, which seems to have generated quite a hot debate :) )
  2. Lost Items
    Component 1 : Xan has Sorcerer class
    There are actually quite a few mods that do this ; how does that go with SR's own "Update NPC spellbooks" ?
  3. aTweaks
    Skips spell tweaks in favor of SR. Only Revised Fiend Summoning will actually undo SR changes.
  4. MTS Crappack, Konalan's Tweaks, aTweaks
    All these mods tweak Paladins' immunities to fear, panic (MTS) or disease (KT, aT), and the Ranger animal empathy (aT). These are innates, but could there be an overlap with some of SR changes ?
  5. Rogue Rebalancing, Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods
    For the expanded spell progression tables (bards', paladins' and rangers'). I would think it wouldn't matter to SR but still...

Cheers,

Fred

1. I think both are SR-compatible, though I'd obviously suggest you to not touch SR spells :)

2. Mike can answer this better than me.

3. I think aVENGER's included quite a few checks to auto-skip redundant components. We already discussed fiends here.

4. and 5. I don't think there's any conflict at all. (I'll handle this stuff myself within KR when the time comes)

2. Lost Items

Component 1 : Xan has Sorcerer class

There are actually quite a few mods that do this ; how does that go with SR's own "Update NPC spellbooks" ?

The spellbook-updating component is completely automatic (it doesn't hardcode which classes NPCs have, or even which NPCs are affected), but right now it just fixes divine spellbooks so they match up with the many changed druid/cleric restrictions. In the future, it could be updated to make sure specialty mages have their no-longer-usable spells swapped for something else, but there's not much that needs to be done for non-kitted mages or sorcerers.

Archived