BG2 - 800x600 as minimal resolution given by 2.31 program

Exy

First of all, thank you all for your hard work on the game mods and fixes!

Most of people just enjoys your work and don't fully appreciate time and work involved.

My question is regarding minimal value of x (horizontal) resolution value given by

the program when run for the BG2. Is there a way to set it to 640 pixels?

I have a small laptop, and play BG1 in (pretty weird) resolution od 856x480 which

is ideal for the screen size. Can i somehow do the same with BG2? It seems that you can't

go lower than 800 horizontal and 600 vertical with the BG2.

thank you very much

Guest Guest_Exy_*
I can bring it to 642x482 minimum easily enough, but unfortunately I lack the skill for 640x480 minimum.

I don't see a reason to mock me.

"Enter your X coordinate. It should be a number , >=800" .says the program.

I just need to somehow lower it to 640. Setting resolution in BG config doesn't have any effect.

I don't see a reason to mock me.
He is not actually mocking you... see it's a coding thing, as he can make things larger, and basing the 800x600> Y > 642x482 to the 640x480 resolutions interface etc it can be made(I am theorizing here, the bigg would be more accurate of course would he tell us about this...), but smaller is not just too inconvenient, without chopping peoples heads off, but also really hard to code, if I were to venture a guess.

Widescreen alters the 1024*768 mode into whatever*whatever. All modes except 640x480 itself assume that there's a 640x480 central region with a border of at least a pixel in all four directions. Ergo, widescreen can't work in 640x480 (even if I tweaked the prompt to accept whatever*480, the game would still crash).

Yes, I could alter the 640x480 mode into whatever*480, but that's over my non-existing reverse engineering skills.

Okay, it seems I wrongly presupposed that if I can run BG1 in 856x480 I can also

do that with BG2. Thank you for explanation!

Erhm, you do know that you can set the BGII display size to the 640x480 from the BGConfig.exe, yes, you'll loose the widescreen advantage, but as your display is anyways small, it's no that much...
Okay, it seems I wrongly presupposed that if I can run BG1 in 856x480 I can also

do that with BG2. Thank you for explanation!

Erhm, you do know that you can set the BGII display size to the 640x480 from the BGConfig.exe, yes, you'll loose the widescreen advantage, but as your display is anyways small, it's no that much...

I know that :mad:

But my 13.3 inch screen is 16:9 so the geometry is too stretched when playing

in 4:3 resolution like 640x480.

Archived