New Main

Daikeras

I was wondering if its possible to change your main toon mid-way through the game.. To explain a bit more.. lets say you start the game as a rogue and later on u find that Imoen fills that role pretty well so u are left with a class u dont really need in your party setup.. Is there any way to change it / re-create it / w/e. Without having to play the entire game again ?

Mostly I am just curious if it can be done..

Since I am already asking.. any way to change the classes of the NPCs, like making Misc a Fighter rather than a ranger ( just to give an example :undecided: )

Without having to play the entire game again ?
Not really without cheating, but who cares. Now, you just have to first just save the game, exit the game, go to the game directory, go to the "save" folder, copy the save you just made and go into the "mpsave" folder in the game folder(if it's not there, you can create it to be) and paste the savegame folder(something alike "0000000*random_number*-*savename*"), you then start the game, go into the multiplayer game mode with the TCP/IP -mode with one player, and then load the save that's there, in this mode you can go to the party setup, kick out the main character and create another on it's place, cheat the XP you wish or need with the BG2 Console or the BG1 Console, save the game again, exit the game, and go back to the game folder and move the new save back to the "save" folder, and load the save... Easy.

Since I am already asking.. any way to change the classes of the NPCs, like making Misc a Fighter rather than a ranger ( just to give an example :undecided: )
Well, the most rolebook way of doing that is to use the Level1NPCs mod which you can use to make any one the vanilla NPCs to be what ever you like in class, kits, proficiencies etc. You need to not have went to the area the character is met for this to work though.

The other way is to use a Savegame editor like the ShadowKeeper, but that's cheating, more...

Archived