Widescreen Mod installs but doesnt seem to work

Guest Ballpoint Man

Guest Ballpoint Man

I canvassed most of the topics in this forum for help, but finding none - I decided to make my own post.

My problem is that I install the Widescreen Mod, it seems to install correctly, asks me for a resolution (1920 X1080). When I go to actually boot up the game though, the resolution is always at whatever the game defaults too (I think 800 by 600?)

in any case, is there anything I am not doing or need to do in order to get this mod to function properly?

(BTW - I have multiple installs of the game on my HDD, I'm meticulous about making sure I install to the appropriate directory, but let me know if this is the root of my problems somehow).

Guest miked4o7

I'm actually having this same problem. Whenever I reinstall the mod and then try to start up the game, it gives me that prompt saying it's my first time and that I must configure the settings. Maybe it's reverting back to the old resolution at that point? Is there any way to get it to skip that?

Guest miked4o7
I'm actually having this same problem. Whenever I reinstall the mod and then try to start up the game, it gives me that prompt saying it's my first time and that I must configure the settings. Maybe it's reverting back to the old resolution at that point? Is there any way to get it to skip that?

Please ignore me, I'm an idiot. I had an old version of the mod. The new version works perfectly. Thanks!

Try to uninstall the whole game, empty the game folder, reinstall the game, patch the game if that is needed, the start the game, make sure your configuration of the game goes smoothly(set the resolution to 800x600) and that you don't need to do it again... start the actual game so it autosaves after the character is created, quit the game, install the Widescreen mod and then you can play the actual game in the widescreen mode.

Archived