A question of class

Raven_Nexus

Sorry if this isnt the right kind of topic for this forum but im looking for some suggestions

I have this npc I have been working on for about a month now but while playing baldurs gate 2 with him he didnt seem right. The cleric part made me think of him more as a priest then just a healer.

Hes like strider out of lord of the rings in that he knows of the wild and about tracking.

Hes a half elf who grow up round only the elf. which gives him his healing abilitys.so I think I will need to try and learn to give im just the inate abilitys other then a full class. So he can just be a ranger for now. Other then a cleric/ranger.

the healing abilitys come from When he was younger they would make fun of him because he was half human and because he couldnt see as well as them in the dark so they used to hurt him real bad. The elfs can be crual when they want to be. So hes had to protect himself and in doing so tot himself to heal.

a little more info is on my forum but i dont get any replys proparly cause theres so many other npc out there or hes not that interesting yet

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=raven

any thoughts on class?

sorry about spelling and grammer but spending the past couple of hours at the computer while drinking vodka and coke will do that to you.

Your site says he's "tracking Irenicus", and you seem to want a healer that isn't overpowered in the spellcaster department, so I'd suggest a stock ranger.

If you want to give him different innates, it'd be better to make him a custom kit. There are tutorials on various sites about how to do this, or maybe you could find someone to make it for you if you decide to do that.

A cleric can heal, but he gets his powers from his diety, not because he's aligned with nature. Druids are aligned with nature in a major way, so they have a lot of spells too. Rangers are a nice balance between a full druid and a mountain man. Sturdy without necessarily being a good warrior, and capable of healing wounds, befriending animals, and tracking animals/people. (I'll show my age and suggest Grizzly Adams as a template. :cry: )

If you went the kit route, you could make him so that he gets more powerful healing spells, such as Heal, though I wouldn't go beyond that for a simple healer like himself. Mass Heal, Raise Dead and so on should be beyond his abilities, based on my perception of what you describe.

BTW, the portrait is nice.

A new custom kit sounds really confusing but i will give it a try. His portrait is nice isn’t it Plasmocat done it for me.

Thanks for the reply I didn’t think many people were that interested but I guess I need to give a lot more information on him. But you’re along the right lines.

Archived