Unable to install the fixpack

This is on a fairly clean install. BGII/ToB/26498/ToB Extender/A6XPPatch/A6CharmPatch are installed.

When I then run bg2fixpack it gets some way through the core files then fails. Relevant section from the debug:

[./override/BAZEYE01.DLG] loaded, 4754 bytes

[bAZEYE01.DLG] loaded

ERROR: processing .D actions [bg2fixpack/compile-tob/tob-dlg.d]: Not_found

Stopping installation because of error.

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [bG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes], rolling back to previous state

Will uninstall 497 files for [bG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2] component 0.

Restoring backed-up [bg2fixpack/backup/0/ACTION.IDS]

When I searched the tp2 file I found one reference to tob-dlg.d in this section:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~mel01.cre~ THEN BEGIN // additional copy & compile for ToB

COMPILE ~bg2fixpack/compile-tob/tob-dlg.d~ // all ToB dialogue fixes

COMPILE ~bg2fixpack/compile-tob/wk-ntrjex.d~ // add WK interjections to SoA

COPY ~bg2fixpack/copy-tob/cdhlysy2.spl~ ~override~ // dupe holy symbol fixes

~bg2fixpack/copy-tob/cdhlysym.spl~ ~override~ // dupe holy symbol fixes

~bg2fixpack/copy-tob/cdhlysym.itm~ ~override~ // dupe holy symbol fixes

~bg2fixpack/copy-tob/worldmap.wmp~ ~override~ // fixed soa worldmap; tob version is better due to cleaner drizzt fixes

I have verified that tob-dlg.d does exist at that location. However, I do not have a "mel01.cre" file in override, so from the code I assume the fix shouldn't need the tob-dlg.d file anyway. Or is it the missing mel01.cre file that's causing the problem?

Any suggestions out there? I thought about simply removing that section of code from the tp2 file, but I dunno if that will impact other other sections.

Open the setup-fixpack.debug with Notepad and find what it says the WeiDU.exe's version to be ? If its the v22100, you have to delete the setup-modname.exe's and get the v22000 and copy and rename them as the setup-modname.exe's, and then run them.

Open the setup-fixpack.debug with Notepad and find what it says the WeiDU.exe's version to be ? If its the v22100, you have to delete the setup-modname.exe's and get the v22000 and copy and rename them as the setup-modname.exe's, and then run them.

That appears to have been the problem. Reran it with v22000 and it worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip!

Archived