Stray feedback

Wisp

I jotted down these notes a while back, possibly far enough back that it was on a different version of SCS. Apologies if you've already fixed one or more of these issues.

Cattack's hobgoblins do not go hostile when he shouts. They do not go hostile when you attack them either.

Winter wolves either don't call for help or do not hear each other's shouts.

Ditto for phase spiders. There also appears to be some mismatches between different kinds of spiders; e.g. huge spiders do not hear sword spiders.

Ogres and hobgoblins should probably hear each other's shouts. If they don't they display odd behaviour at e.g. Bear River, where a mixed band of hobgoblins and ogres are standing around by one of the bridges.

Humans and hobgoblins should probably hear each other's shout. Otherwise you can e.g. fight Natasha while her hobgoblins are loafing about inside her office, or vice versa.

Would it be possible to tweak the chase script a bit? Currently they can chase any random PC, even ones they've never ever seen.

E.g. when Imoen was running with Narlen in Baldur's Gate and drank a potion of invisibility to get away from the guard who upped their jig, the guard made a 180 degree turn and made right for the rest of the party, who were quietly enjoying themselves inside the Splurging Sturgeon.

I have many other examples of non-ideal behaviour as well.

The local variable governing rest is never reset, so once they're eligible for resting and they can no longer see a PC, they rest in every script round they can't see a PC.

Daitel the ghost drinks potions of healing

I noticed thieves are reluctant to backstab/attack stonskinned people. So reluctant, in fact, that they seemingly rather do nothing at all when there are no non-stoneskinned targets available.

Lastly, would you be amendable to changing/reverting the pre-casting of stoneskin to have them cast it as soon as they are created, instead of of casting it as soon as they go hostile? That ~1 second window is a huge liability, not to mention it looks damned odd. (In case it matters I did not use Smarter Mages with prebuffing.)

I jotted down these notes a while back, possibly far enough back that it was on a different version of SCS. Apologies if you've already fixed one or more of these issues.

Cattack's hobgoblins do not go hostile when he shouts. They do not go hostile when you attack them either.

Winter wolves either don't call for help or do not hear each other's shouts.

Ditto for phase spiders. There also appears to be some mismatches between different kinds of spiders; e.g. huge spiders do not hear sword spiders.

Great, thanks.

Ogres and hobgoblins should probably hear each other's shouts. If they don't they display odd behaviour at e.g. Bear River, where a mixed band of hobgoblins and ogres are standing around by one of the bridges.

Humans and hobgoblins should probably hear each other's shout. Otherwise you can e.g. fight Natasha while her hobgoblins are loafing about inside her office, or vice versa.

I found a while ago that doing this en bloc leads to weirdness. So it's a case of enabling it for particular locations. I'll do it for these. (e.g. Natasha might as well just get a hobgoblin script.)

Would it be possible to tweak the chase script a bit? Currently they can chase any random PC, even ones they've never ever seen.

E.g. when Imoen was running with Narlen in Baldur's Gate and drank a potion of invisibility to get away from the guard who upped their jig, the guard made a 180 degree turn and made right for the rest of the party, who were quietly enjoying themselves inside the Splurging Sturgeon.

Details? (Actually, if this is for older versions, I might ignore, as I've tweaked that several times since.)

The local variable governing rest is never reset, so once they're eligible for resting and they can no longer see a PC, they rest in every script round they can't see a PC.

I think this is fixed.

Daitel the ghost drinks potions of healing

Will fix.

I noticed thieves are reluctant to backstab/attack stonskinned people. So reluctant, in fact, that they seemingly rather do nothing at all when there are no non-stoneskinned targets available.

The reluctance is deliberate, the sheer level of reluctance isn't.

Lastly, would you be amendable to changing/reverting the pre-casting of stoneskin to have them cast it as soon as they are created, instead of of casting it as soon as they go hostile? That ~1 second window is a huge liability, not to mention it looks damned odd. (In case it matters I did not use Smarter Mages with prebuffing.)

You can do this from the console, I think (check the readme).

Details? (Actually, if this is for older versions, I might ignore, as I've tweaked that several times since.)

Specifically, scs/genai/chase.ssl.

The code is essentially to chase a random, non-dead, InParty PC. They do this even if this PC is on the other side of the map, or in another subarea.

It's pretty easy to reproduce by splitting your party in two, and somehow disappear from the enemy's sight. E.g. if you outrun them, instead of continuing to chase that PC, they'll commonly change direction and head for another PC.

You can do this from the console, I think (check the readme).

Ah, the DMWWNeutralPrebuff variable? Thanks. It doesn't seem to be in the readme, however.

Specifically, scs/genai/chase.ssl.

The code is essentially to chase a random, non-dead, InParty PC. They do this even if this PC is on the other side of the map, or in another subarea.

It's pretty easy to reproduce by splitting your party in two, and somehow disappear from the enemy's sight. E.g. if you outrun them, instead of continuing to chase that PC, they'll commonly change direction and head for another PC.

I think this was fixed a few versions ago, but I'll check.

Ah, the DMWWNeutralPrebuff variable? Thanks. It doesn't seem to be in the readme, however.

Oh, yes, you're right - sorry. It's in SCS2 but didn't get into SCS.

Archived