Linux version of BG2 Tweaks v9 is broken

Anomaly

Linux version of BG2 Tweaks v9 is broken.

First, there are still files in upper case, so you still need to run "tolower". You don't need to do this with linux versions of other mods.

But more importantly, we are getting the "no translation provided" error for each prompt :

$ WeInstall bg2_tweaks/
WeiDU --tlkout dialog.tlk --ftlkout dialogf.tlk --log setup-bg2_tweaks.debug  bg2_tweaks.tp2 setup-bg2_tweaks.tp2 bg2_tweaks/bg2_tweaks.tp2 bg2_tweaks/setup-bg2_tweaks.tp2 
[WeiDU] WeiDU version 22600
[WeiDU] Using scripting style "BG2"

Choose your language:
0 [English]
1 [Czech (Translation by Razfallow and Vlas�k)]
2 [Francais (Translation by Anomaly, Elgaern the Dragon Slayer, Isaya and elminster)]
3 [Deutsch (Uebersetzung von Leonardo Watson, Caswallon und Jester)]
4 [Italiano (translation by Andrea Colombo; original EoU by Antonio Favata)]
5 [Korean (Translation by web2air)]
6 [Polski (Translation by yarpen, Artanis, dragionian, Evendur, Grjgori, and Neminus)]
7 [Russian (Translation by Creepin, Domi, Kulyok, Serdrick, and aerie.ru)]
8 [Espanol (traducido por Clan DLAN)]
9 [Chinese (translated by Miranda)]
Using Language [English]

Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o
n
ERROR: No translation provided for @11
Continuing despite error.

Would you like to display the components from [UNDEFINED STRING:   @11]?
[Y]es, [N]o?

The windows version of BG2 Tweaks -can- be installed on Linux however, after running tolower on it first. The only component that can't be installed completely is "Restore SOA loading screens" since it tries to run a .bat file.

Linux version of BG2 Tweaks v9 is broken.

First, there are still files in upper case, so you still need to run "tolower". You don't need to do this with linux versions of other mods.

But more importantly, we are getting the "no translation provided" error for each prompt :

The windows version of BG2 Tweaks -can- be installed on Linux however, after running tolower on it first. The only component that can't be installed completely is "Restore SOA loading screens" since it tries to run a .bat file.

I just installed BG2 Tweaks and I have had no problems with "no translation provided". I can confirm however the two other bugs.

1. The Restore SoA screen is broken because the relevant .sh scripts are missing (I have already reported this on the thread Missing scripts?).

2. Not all files are lower-cased. Even worse, since the bg2_tweaks folder and contents does not have write permission, if you run tolower, it does not barf as it should, leaving one with the impression that it has lower-cased all filenames, except it hasn't. You first have to chmod the whole directory (recursively) and then run tolower.

Regards,

G. Rodrigues

2. Not all files are lower-cased. Even worse, since the bg2_tweaks folder and contents does not have write permission, if you run tolower, it does not barf as it should, leaving one with the impression that it has lower-cased all filenames, except it hasn't. You first have to chmod the whole directory (recursively) and then run tolower.

I didn't realize this. This is maybe why I got the "no translation provided" error, if WeiDU couldn't access the non-lowercased setup.tra.

Archived