Monk Remix problem

I'm using the Sword and Fist mod to get the Monk Remix. I like it a lot, with just one problem; the AC bonuses monks get don't really reflect the PnP version. +1 to AC every 5 levels is fine, but without the extra AC from Wis (which monks get in the PnP version), it makes me VERY easy to hit. I thought, "Hey, no problem. I'll just use Shadowkeeper to give myself the bonuses I would have gotten from wis, and all will be well."

Alas, it is not to be. I tried using SK to change my base AC value, but no matter what I changed it to, it stayed the appropriate value in-game. I can't think of any other way to artificially lower my AC without simply changing my DEX or giving myself some sort of item, but I really don't want to do that. The item will eat up a slot that could be used for something else, and I like to give myself +1 to a stat every 4 levels (like in 3rd edition), and since the ability scores have a max of 25, it will severely limit me.

Any ideas? Any abilities you know of that I could add to the "Affects" section that will give me bonuses to AC?

AC tends to readjust itselfy dynamically no matter what you do to it. I think you actually want to change effective AC, not base AC. You might also want to try the monk tweak in Lost Items or in GeN1e's minimod (both I think are buried somewhere in the Miscellaneous Mods section of shsforums.net).

Edit: and one at least is in my signature, though I can't vouch for it as I didn't code that bit (Vedran did I think, and Ascension64 revised it).

Heh, I actually ended up just starting a Kensai character, saving, then copying his -2 to AC ability twice into my monk. Not perfect, but it will do. Figuring out how to use NearInfinity right now though so I don't have to do something so awkward, thanks for the help!

Archived