Scenes not playing properly?

I just started a new game of BG2, and I didn't even make it out of Irenicus' dungeon before I noticed something was wrong. BG2 has been working fine for me, but I installed the Imoen romance mod, the Nalia romance mod, as well as a few NPC mods for this game.

The problem is that so far, nothing happens when the screen goes out of player control, some characters move, and supposedly dialogue should occur. The first time I noticed this was when I talked to Chloe (an NPC mod), and I said "Woah! You look strange" or something to that affect. She replies "Oh, so you noticed? I guess I should do something about that." The menus on the side then disappear, the screen center's on her, and... nothing happens. It just goes back to normal. This happens every time I try the dialogue.

The second time it happened was when I discovered Khalid's body. I had read that if Jahiera is not in your party at the time, but Imoen is, then Imoen will say something unique (if the Imoen romance mod is installed). So, i quick-saved right before checking out his body, dropped Jahiera, and went over to his corpse. The screen menus disappeared again, it centered on Imoen, who walked over to Khalid's body, and... nothing happened. What the heck?

Also, I got a few remarks about an elf that was in my party (even though she wasn't), and figured out it was about Starshine. I guess since I was supposed to find her in the pocket plane of air, but found Chloe instead, she just dissapeared, but the game thought she joined me anyway. I uninstalled that, so no more problems there, but the wierd scenes-activating-but-nothing-happening thing is still going on.

Any ideas?

The first one is intentional:

The menus on the side then disappear, the screen center's on her, and... nothing happens. It just goes back to normal.
What happens if you click on the "you sound strange" option is that the soundsets get readjusted. since this is working fine in your game, you don't see any difference. (This is a needed feature if you have an old savegame with this mod NPC with a newly modded game: Here, texts and names can be mixed up. The "you sound strange" option fixes that. It's a common fix most NPC mods now have.)

The other two sound like bugs that best be reported to the original mod's forum. For the Starshine NPC is seems the mod author missed some "InParty" checks on the dialogues.

Archived