Undocumented component?

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello, hope the title was not too dramatic, but I have just installed: bg2fixpack, scsII, level 1 NPCs and finally the widescreen mod.

I notice that I seem to have a scrollable mage book, and am just wondering if it's this mod that adds it?

I don't seem to see anything about components that come from ToBex, nor tob_hacks in the readme other than:

New components taken directly from Taimon's exe hacks: fix MI, fix Dispel Magic, make Stoneskin not change avatar colors.

The initialise component also says:

(For experts: it installs Detectable Spells and (on Windows installs) ToBEx, makes magic items detectable, modifies weapons so that the script engine can detect their enchantment level, fixes the bugged Spell Shield spell, reconfigures area-effect spells so that Mirror Image doesn't block them, and prevents casting from being disrupted by zero-damage attacks.)

It's a small omission (if that, I could be mistaken and it is there, or even does not come from this mod) from otherwise great documentation.

Any chance there are other components of either of these .exe modifying mods that are used and perhaps have missed being documented?

I realise that ToBEx is changing almost weekly, so more than understandable.

Also, the Mirror image/dispel magic seem to have been optional at one point, going by the wording of the first quote, but now don't seem to be? I don't recall an option for these, and I guess they've been rolled into the initialise as non-customisable features?

Is it safe to install other ToBEx components after your mod? I realise now it should have probably come first...

Finally, I have only had the chance to play the starting dungeon (halfway) and the difficulty is much improved. I'm finding it's mainly due to not being able to rest, and having those options of 'convenient ammo/items removed' in play. Much more believable than Tactics, and enjoyable more importantly.

Keep up the good work.

Guest guest

I have an issue to report aswell, unrelated, but since I mentioned the starting dungeon already...

I came from the southern way, heading to the library, killed the mephit, drew back the 4 duergar and was fighting them in this corridor, when Illyich suddenly runs in, does his dialogue and then runs off:

http://img830.imageshack.us/i/baldr003.png/

(I took the screenshot after the dialogue; didn't realise the "bug" would turn out as it did, I merely assumed he came to the corridor by a call for help type thing, and he and his band were going to join in, which I assumed was just new behaviour/relocation of his party.)

I then noticed Illyich was nowhere to be found, so went to his usual place, and he had retreated there, he was hostile to me, as per the results of the dialogue, but he did not fight back, and his party remained neutral until he was dead (I attacked him for a while, they stayed neutral) and only then turned hostile.

http://img195.imageshack.us/i/baldr000i.png/

http://img696.imageshack.us/i/baldr001.png/

Furthermore, there were only 2 other duergar with Illyich here (as seen in the screenshots), whereas I recall about 4 others normally?

Another problem, the mage was there one second, and then disappeared (no invis, shadow door etc); just vanished. You can see the equipment stacks on the ground, and he was last hit by my party where my main character is in the second screenshot, no death registered in the combat log, just plain disappeared! I waited around a while to make sure it wasn't invis or anything, but he never reappeared. Last thing was spell-failure on his part being hit by a bolt or an arrow from the party. Saw him there, and then vanished the next instant, no effect/animation.

http://img810.imageshack.us/i/baldr002.png/

http://img171.imageshack.us/i/baldr004.png/

I hope i'm being helpful here and not annoying.

Guest guest
The scrollable spellbook is part of ToBEx. I think it should just be cosmetic since your spells should all fit on one page anyway.

Re the Ilyich warnings: thanks. I'll look into it when I have a chance.

Thanks.

Meanwhile, I have been redoing the fight a few times, Illyich does not actually fight back until I let up for a while (somewhat akin to when creatures who need to say some dialogue cannot do so if they are taking damage too often), i.e. I attack, and either I stop my party at some point and he'll then quaff a potion and fight back, or if I carry on he'll stay with his back turned to me until he dies. His allies actually need this same window to turn hostile (i.e. I need to attack, then stop, or when the attack automatically 'stops' once Illyich is dead).

The mage likew to charm people, but the charmed person stands still doing nothing. Reproduced this multiple times.

The mage will sometimes disappear, sometimes not.

Just trying to give as much info as I can, if this is enough let me know.

The mage likew to charm people, but the charmed person stands still doing nothing. Reproduced this multiple times
Charmed are supposed to do nothing, while dire charmed and dominated do turn against their former side.
Guest guest
The mage likew to charm people, but the charmed person stands still doing nothing. Reproduced this multiple times
Charmed are supposed to do nothing, while dire charmed and dominated do turn against their former side.

Ah, ok, thanks, ignore that one then.

Archived