finished version?

Guest Nicodemus

Guest Nicodemus

Is there a clean and polished version of this mod? I incorrectly assumed that since v3 is nearing release that v2 would be finalized.

I would let you know I had to uninstall this mod due to numerous errors (not bugs) and shall not be recommending this to my friends who have far less time to wade through incomplete mods. The list of mistakes is quite beyond the numerous (and telling) hotfixes already detailed, though I will confirm that there are at least three spells that have child spells inappropriately flagged as arcane. In layman's terms this means that even if you're in the sewers or indoors, the later per-round iterations of an already-cast spell will trigger the Cowled Wizards. While I never volunteered to be a tester, one such spell is Reflected Image whose child spell spwi120d.spl is flagged as Wizard.

I look forward to a playable version that doesn't force me to track down and fix these types of things. I would highly recommend crossing off your other mod endeavors and focusing on getting at least one of them out of public beta. This post is for information purposes only.

SR is v3 allready.

will trigger the Cowled Wizards
I think you should reveal a weidu.log, other mods might cause this.

Why so secretive? Why not (in an adult manner) just telling what you've found.

Many uses Item Revision and Spell Revision allready since they are well tested and thoroughly worked through.

Is there a clean and polished version of this mod? I incorrectly assumed that since v3 is nearing release that v2 would be finalized.
:laugh: Have I to assume you're using the outdated V2? Anyway, V3 isn't a beta or an incomplete version, it's the latest version of Spell Revisions.

I would let you know I had to uninstall this mod due to numerous errors (not bugs) and shall not be recommending this to my friends who have far less time to wade through incomplete mods. The list of mistakes is quite beyond the numerous (and telling) hotfixes already detailed...
Afaik V3 is very stable and bugfree with the hotfixes installed.

Do you really know a mod which never had any issue? The only mod so arrogant to claim that is Improved Anvil, as not even the most popular mods out there (SCS, aTweaks, etc.) are 100% perfect (Fixpack itself still has a bunch of issues), and when huge mods introduce many new features within a new version many reports quickly follow (just look how many bugs were introduced by the last few versions of SCS - which imo is the best mod).

Long story short, if you want to cooperate and help me polishing SR you're welcome, all can be said about me except that I don't quickly help players whenever I can. If instead you just want to complain there's little I can do.

I will confirm that there are at least three spells that have child spells inappropriately flagged as arcane. In layman's terms this means that even if you're in the sewers or indoors, the later per-round iterations of an already-cast spell will trigger the Cowled Wizards. While I never volunteered to be a tester, one such spell is Reflected Image whose child spell spwi120d.spl is flagged as Wizard.
Well, those "child spells" are arcane spells, but you're right, for technical reasons CW generally only show up if you're caught casting the initial spell, and ignore if you run around the streets with fireshields up an huge globes of magic energy around you. ;)

Thanks for the report, I'll add the fix to the next hotfix, though I don't know why you didn't jest tell us the other two spells affected by this.

I look forward to a playable version that doesn't force me to track down and fix these types of things. I would highly recommend crossing off your other mod endeavors and focusing on getting at least one of them out of public beta. This post is for information purposes only.
:p

Archived