Help on partial uninstall/reinstall order

Ranger101

I installed BG2 Fixpack, SWS II and BG2 Tweakpack in that order and have played through the main dungeon, circus, and a bit more. I read on the board that I got the install order wrong as SWS II should go last. So I am thinking about uninstalling and reinstalling the last 2 mods and making some changes along the way to tone down the difficulty a bit.

What should be my uninstall and order? (I will reinstall Fixpack, Tweakpack and SWS II)

Will the uninstall and reinstall affect my saved game?

I installed BG2 Fixpack, SWS II and BG2 Tweakpack in that order and have played through the main dungeon, circus, and a bit more. I read on the board that I got the install order wrong as SWS II should go last. So I am thinking about uninstalling and reinstalling the last 2 mods and making some changes along the way to tone down the difficulty a bit.
Well, you don't have to uninstall if you like the way the game playes out for you, as the SCSII and BG2Tweakpack change the same files, and the later mods effects take priority... but those should be quite minor things as far as I know. So I wouldn't suggest that you uninstall anything.

What should be my uninstall and order? (I will reinstall Fixpack, Tweakpack and SWS II)

Will the uninstall and reinstall affect my saved game?

Technically if you wish to reinstall the SCSII last, then you just run the setup-SCSII.exe and uninstall allthe components it has, then you just run the setup-*BG2Tweakpack*.exe(I don't think it's spelled exactly that way, so I put the ** to it) and install any components that was not available before, so don't go and uninstall anything ! And then you just restart the setup-SCSII.exe and install what you want.

The reason hy this goes this way is that, the WeiDU.exe that is all the setup-*modname*.exe's, actually un-and-re-installs the installed mods that were left when you uninstall one mod in the middle... if it can, and in this case it will.

The saves might be effected, badly, so I would advice to not uninstall if you can bear it.

Archived