Sarwa battle help!

Caserius Tendook

Been poking around with ToB, and Angelo, but I'm running into a major problem, maybe someone here can help me with.

I go to Govt. District and Get the sword, I'm warped in. To this point I've taken every option that leads to the battle but I'm not getting anywhere fast. Let me explain.

My PC, who is at the rear of the party since he's a Mage, always winds up warped in next to the wolf and Hayate. Before anything happens or I have a chance to get him out of harms way or my Cont. even ignites, he's hit for massive damage and it's all over. Is there any way to get him moved?

Should I try the giving up of the sword for the Gold Routine? I thought about it, but figured if I left Sarwaa alive I would be screwing up future content. I see mention of getting Suu to help. I've talked to her but do I need to speak to her again to try and recruit her help? When would I be able to do this?

Sorry if all of this has been beaten around. I've looked through part of the Forum, and I'll continue to search, but thought I would post to see if anybody had a quick answer. I love going back and playing this game with all the new personalities, it's a blast. Thanks Sister V, Angelo is a great addition.

Uh...heh...I sort of cheat my butt off in a way. I keep that wand of monster summoning from Irenicus Dungeon just for this. I get warped in, at once spawn monsters, do the dialogue, then run like hell to the other end of the house. Sawara ends up casting his spells on them and when he runs down I rush in and fight him.

I can't get Suu to help, just to NOT interfere.

Hope this helps. But sometimes, a quick creature summoning does wonders.

I'm sure others find me cheesy, but for me, this darned battle is so hard that I at least have a good chance this way.

Also, I always caste haste on my party so when I saw Oliver even for the first time I cast haste on my party, so when I was warped into Sawara's house I could run away pretty quickly...

Running like a sissy sometimes (such as before you get that amulet against vampires) is a must! LOL

Glad you're enjoying the mod! :)

The only solution to the placement issue I can imagine is temporarily changing your mage's position in the roster. Also, I'm pretty sure you can buff up ahead of time (since the conversation mostly takes place on pause) so you could throw a stoneskin on him before you pick up the sword.

In general tactics, I forget who suggested this (Cal Jones?) but apparently it's possible to use the Ring of the Ram to push Sawara back into the kitchen, where he can't do anything until you've taken care of the others.

If you keep talking to Suu, she should eventually tell you what you'll need to bribe her. I would suggest doing this anyway because she'll reappear in ToB.

I have to reiterate, I do regret making the fight so hard; I wanted it to be an optional challenge, but you do miss out on some ToB content if you let him have the sword. Not a lot, but some.

Been poking around with ToB, and Angelo, but I'm running into a major problem, maybe someone here can help me with.

I go to Govt. District and Get the sword, I'm warped in. To this point I've taken every option that leads to the battle but I'm not getting anywhere fast. Let me explain.

My PC, who is at the rear of the party since he's a Mage, always winds up warped in next to the wolf and Hayate. Before anything happens or I have a chance to get him out of harms way or my Cont. even ignites, he's hit for massive damage and it's all over. Is there any way to get him moved?

Should I try the giving up of the sword for the Gold Routine? I thought about it, but figured if I left Sarwaa alive I would be screwing up future content. I see mention of getting Suu to help. I've talked to her but do I need to speak to her again to try and recruit her help? When would I be able to do this?

Sorry if all of this has been beaten around. I've looked through part of the Forum, and I'll continue to search, but thought I would post to see if anybody had a quick answer. I love going back and playing this game with all the new personalities, it's a blast. Thanks Sister V, Angelo is a great addition.

Ok, silly question 842..........Got around to finishing up the Sarwaa fight, it was tough but certainly enjoyable. I neglected to originally "enlist" Suu to my side (I think) so she shows up Hostile, but doesn't really do anything. As the battle winds down, my Summoned Air elemental took her out while I wasn't watching, so she's gone. Should I go back and redo the fight and keep her alive? Will she somehow switch over to me after the battle, or since I didn't get completely thru to her up front does she just need to be dispatched?

Thanks

Glad the fight went well!

It's up to you about Suu...basically if you spare her, and don't give the sword to somebody who shows up and asks for it soon after the fight, Suu will show up in ToB and warn you about something. It's a brief conversation and you can earn a small amount of XP (and there's more to it if your PC is male).

To get her on your side, you need to talk to her until she admits she's unhappy with Sawara. She'll ask for two star sapphires, and you need to get them. She might do it anyway if the PC is male with high charisma, I can't remember if that made it in or not...but unless she says she'll betray Sawara beforehand, she will go hostile and you'll have to kill her.

Ok, silly question 842..........Got around to finishing up the Sarwaa fight, it was tough but certainly enjoyable. I neglected to originally "enlist" Suu to my side (I think) so she shows up Hostile, but doesn't really do anything. As the battle winds down, my Summoned Air elemental took her out while I wasn't watching, so she's gone. Should I go back and redo the fight and keep her alive? Will she somehow switch over to me after the battle, or since I didn't get completely thru to her up front does she just need to be dispatched?

Thanks

Archived