Slight Install Hiccup

Guest Guest_G-Mon_*

Guest Guest_G-Mon_*

Earlier, while I was installing some items from SCS v19, I ran into an error message when attempting to install "Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility". I've lost the exact message, but it was related to the file "scs/misc/ssl_out/antimagicscript.baf". After having a peek in SCS' folder, I noticed that "scs/misc/ssl_out" was missing! (I recall getting a similar message while trying to install a similar component from SCSII in my BG2 folder, with a similar cause.)

Adding the folder manually cleared up the error message, but gave another error, this time mentioning "scs/workspace/SPWI805.baf", IIRC. Back to rooting around in SCS' folder--sure enough, no "scs/workspace" folder. (Strangely, I did not get this error with SCSII after clearing up the previous one.) Added it, component now installs fine, and I encounter no further install-time problems.

Just thought it'd be a good idea to bring this up, so you can do something about it for v20. :cool:

Guest Guest_G-Mon_*
I've lost the exact message...
Open up the game folder and there's setup-scs.debug file, open it with Notepad and see...

No, I lost the message because I cancelled the installation after getting the error, but before I added the folder, and restarted after adding it.

Upon checking the debug file, though, I was able to find the second error message I got:

Copying 1 file ...
[scs/misc/ssl_out/antimagicscript.baf] loaded, 7140 bytes
ERROR: COPY ~scs/misc/ssl_out/antimagicscript.baf~ ~scs/workspace/SPWI805.baf~ FAILED: cannot open target
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [scs/spell/antimagic.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Sys_error("scs/workspace/SPWI805.baf: No such file or directory"))

As I said earlier, the "scs/workspace" folder was not there when I looked; manually adding it cleared up the error. (As I said, a similar process cleared up the former one.) It would seem that the installer isn't creating the "scs/misc/ssl_out" and "scs/workspace" folders automatically, at least.

It would seem that the installer isn't creating the "scs/misc/ssl_out" and "scs/workspace" folders automatically, at least.
And you are trying to install where, and what Operation System are you on ? Asking the Windows version and the Service pack etc.
Guest Guest_G-Mon_*

Windows XP SP3 32-bit, under D:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGTutu (I have two HD's, and like to keep all of my BG-related stuff together). And yes, I am using an admin-level account for this. I'm aware that Vista and 7 get in the way if you install to Program Files or Program Files (x86), but that doesn't affect XP IIRC.

Windows XP SP3 32-bit, ... And yes, I am using an admin-level account for this. I'm aware that Vista and 7 get in the way if you install to Program Files or Program Files (x86), but that doesn't affect XP IIRC.
Assuming doesn't make you right mate, see as the SP3 actually made your Program Files sub-folder to be protected similarily as the Vista & W7 update does ! If people would only know their Operation Systems better... :cool:

Or if only, the Operation Systems would be made by rational people, not lab rats.

under D:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGTutu (I have two HD's, and like to keep all of my BG-related stuff together).
Then why not keep it in one box.. like say D:\Games\*, where the * is the game directory, the "BGTutu", "BGII - SoA" & "Baldur's Gate" ... without the quotes...

Archived