Attack of the clones - Garren Windspear

cowking

I think the picture speaks for itself. Anyone ever heard/run into a bug like this?

Windspear cabin

Mods installed onto BG2/TOB (after official patch):

- Fixpack (core + beta)

- Tweak Pack (components in log)

- BG1 casting sounds

- Widescreen

I refused Garren's offer to join him in his cabin when I first met him. At the time, I also went into his cabin afterwards, but decided against it (since it triggers the quest - I wanted to kill some Radiant Hearts who are chasing me) and reloaded. At that time, this bug wasn't present.

I went back to Athkatla and did some quests, like Unseeing Eye, Kangaxx, Twisted Rune etc... and now that I came back to windspear hills, it's like the picture shows it. Everyone of them initiates the dialogue one after the other, and the cutscene breaks with her daughter since there is no room to move, and the game is stuck on cutscene mode (have to ctrl-alt-del out of it).

Any ideas how I go about fixing this? What's causing it etc... can I somehow delete the cloned NPCs?

I also reloaded an earlier save (1 day behind my current save in game time), and the amount of clones is reduced. Seems like some kind of broken script to me.

Earlier save

Btw, I also have a save from the exact moment before I returned to Athkatla (where the bug is not present, I checked). So if this is some kind of weird bug from fixpack/tweakpack, should be somewhat easy to diagnose.

More - I found another area that suffers from this bug, but in greater numbers. This is from the dock barracks, and this replicating is already happened in the save where windspear is fine.

Dock barracks = divide by zero =?

Seems to be the same bug as written here (he also has fixpack + tweakpack installed). If this bug kills my game, I'm never installing anything asides the official patch ever again. I've spent far too much time on this BG1->TOB playthrough.

Here's my weidu log.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1001 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Classic (from Baldurdash, by Kevin Dorner): v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): v9.01
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Change Imoen's Avatar to Mage: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Avatar Morphing Script: v9
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #90 // Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items: v9
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v9
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v9
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash): v9
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v9
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3012 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For Party-Joinable NPCs Only: v9
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at  Mid-Range Reputation: v9
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3170 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark: v9
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #90 // Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash): v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3012 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For Party-Joinable NPCs Only: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at  Mid-Range Reputation: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3170 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: v9
~SETUP-TUTUSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Casting Sounds -> Restored BG1 Casting Sounds And Special Effects
~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.02

I reinstalled "disable portrait icons added by equipment" after I already started playing, since I put a modified (archmage appearance) robe of vecna in my override.

After I cleansed the barracks, I noticed all of the harlots were carrying identical loot (angel skin ring + two piles of gold).

So they're definitely 100% cloned copies, loot included.

What happens if the harlots reproduce to fill the entire barracks in a way no more can fit/spawn inside?

Ever since I killed the windspear clones, my loading times have gone up by ~20 seconds. This is just unbearable.

Since Garren Windspear drops the Land Deed (whatever) quest item scroll, and they don't decay (being quest items), could this somehow be the culprit for my increased loading times? There are around 50-100 of them (rough estimate) on the floor inside windspear cabin.

Are you using the TOB Beta Patch per chance ?

Patch 26498, so no.

I tried making a new save, and deleting Windspear Cabin + Docks Barracks with Near Infinity from the save (cleared cache and checked both areas, they were clean of all items, I guess when you delete an area in NI, it "resets" it). Didn't help.

My early save from Slums District around the time you start the game loads in 1-2 secs, my current save loads in about 25 secs.

Btw I read about the beta patch, it would seem to address my issue perfectly. How does it affect my mods? Do fixpack - tweakpack etc... work on the beta patch?

Should I...

A.) install the beta patch on top of my mod install?

B.) uninstall all my mods, install the beta patch, then reinstall my mods?

C.) do a full reinstall of BG2 with the beta patch, then install all my mods as they were? I have a list of all the components I have installed, so that's not a problem.

The beta patch solved my problem after a full re-install, however, widescreen mod doesn't work for it (since the bg.exe is different).

I think thebigg won't be making widescreen for 26499, does anyone know if it's possible to somehow manually fix your game in the same way 26499 does it? How does 26499 actually fix the loading time bug, what causes it?

It'd be a great shame to throw away 150 something hours of playing at this point :/

Archived